August [Marvins Room]

Marvins Room by Drake

Also the person who requested Rhys x Reader Marriage, just watch Bob's Burgers, that's accurate af.

--

"Shit!" Watching the bullet shoot through the bandits head, body collapsing, blood soaking the dirt. You ducked back behind the vehicle. "August! Hurry. The fuck. Up!" You reload your pistol, and dispose a few bandits, yet it wasn't enough. They just kept coming and coming.

"I'm trying!" The blonde yelled back, screwing, wiring, and even duct-taping his way to fix the engine. "Give be one more second."

Bullets continued to fly, you ducked back behind, before you could take serious official damage. You groaned, you were down to only twelve round left, you started to worry. Sweating, afraid that this was the last night sky you'll see. You looked up, swallowing hard, tight grip onto your gun. You wished the stars were here.

"Let's go!" August yelled, immediately jumping into the car. You rushed and jumped into the passenger and on queue, August sped off into the desert. Large mountains passing by, dry cold air blowing. You look into the back, seeing the bagged goods tucked securely.

You sighed, not of stress or fear anymore. You were relieved. The weight was gone, the both of you got away with your lives, once again.

"What?" August questioned your sigh.

"We got away again." You relaxed into your seat, looking at him then at the passing mountains. Frustrated eyes. "Did I ever tell you how annoying bandits are?"

"Multiple times." He scoffed, giving you a glance. "They make good target practice, though."

"They're still people."

"Not when they're running up to gut you and drain your blood for skag bait."

"Uh-huh. Speaking of bait --"

"I'm sorry!

"No!" You yelled, this was the last time. "No! This is the third and LAST time you use me for bait!"

"Babe, c'mon!" He argued back. "It was a good plan, it all worked in the end --"

"Stop the car." You blatantly said.

"What?" He asked, unbelieved.

"Stop the car. I'm done."

"Would you calm the hell down!"

"No! Stop the goddamn car!" You yelled.

"You really be out here?! With no water, gun, or Echo?"

"It's safer than being bait with you! Its like you don't even care about me!"

"Shut up! You know that's not true!"

"As you gamble my life! Do you not even think that I'm--" You immediately stop, goddamn it. You couldn't tell him,  not now. You groaned, leaning back in you seat.

"No! Don't cut off now!" He yelled, upset. What weren't you telling him. "We're discussing this, what the hell is wrong with you?! Do I not think you're what?!"

You stayed silent, looking at the passing mountains.

"What?!"

"We can talk about it when we get to the base." You groaned.

"You can't just start something and just--" he stomped on the break, immediately turning to you. "What is it?"

"I'm cold..."

"Oh don't-- Don't fucking do that." He shook his head, becoming irritated.

"I'm pregnant." You breathed out. Everything felt like it was sinking, the silence was mentally killing you.

He scoffed, looking away, as if he didn't want to believe. He fucked up. "You're serious?" He questioned. "You can't be... I mean, I wore... Fuck." He kept breathing

"Stop." Your eyes rolled, taking a few breaths. "You're pissing me off." Your body was shaking, shivering from the cold air, but your stomach was hurting, a growing pit or knot.

"I'm pissing you off?" He said harshly, his knuckles turning white from the grip on the wheel, grumbling under his breath. "How long have you known this?" His voice was hard.

"Four weeks."

He groaned, leaving his arm to hand outside the car. "I can't.... God fucking damn it... I don't know anymore..." He took a breather, and started the engine again. He didn't bother saying a word the entire ride to the base, he needed to rest. What was he going to do? Why wasn't even saying anything.

.

You sat in the white tub, hair soaked, your eyes tired and red. Its been two weeks, he hasn't come to check on you, call you, in fact he's been avoiding you. The water got cool, it flowed gently around you, you didn't want to leave, you just wanted to breathe a little. You were tense, exhausted, angry, hapless, sorrow.

You drained the tub and stepped out, wrapping the towel around you. The street lights lit your room up lightly, you didn't bother flicking on the light. The scent of the lotion filled your nose, it was a relaxing. You wanted to hurry and go to sleep.

Shorts, socks, large shirt. Loose comfortable, you need to keep your mind off the serious issue for a bit. You laid your head down on the pillow, the holographic clock glowed. 2:38 a.m.

Your Echo chimed. You ignored the chim until it stopped then it began chiming again. A groan left you, forcing yourself to answer to make them stop, staying played down, you just wanted to be comfortable.

"Hello?"

"You're at home?" You recognized August voice, it was drowsy and weak.

"Yeah, I just..." You were tired, yet you couldn't sleep. "I just laid down."

"You okay?" It made you stop and think.

"Yeah, I'm good. You still working?"

"No, no... I was. But....you know. Have you? Did you go out?" Why was he calling you? Why so late?

"Tonight? Did I go out? Yeah... For a little while. I went.... I went shopping a while. I haven't really...slept yet, shit."

"I'm fucking tired..." He dragged on, stuttering. "I've had-- I need a drink or something. I've got a headache." He chuckled.

You couldn't hear him well, his words almost jumbled together. "Wine or water?"

"What?" You heard him laugh lightly.

"You said something about a cold drink." You giggled. "I'm tired a bit. I'm sorry, I'm delirious."

You both laughed, letting die out. You chuckled some more, fuck him. Fuck him for making him feeling this way. He never called you, why did you love him this bad? Repeat memories with him.

"You could've done better?" He says suddenly.

"Hm?"

"You haven't heard that in a while I bet?"

"What's wrong with you?" You asked, harshly.

"Look, listen.." He started. "I keep...ugh.. Thinking about us, you know. I'm an asshole. You had to choose me. Well, I'm sorry."

"Are you drunk right now?"

"I'm just saying, you could do better."

There was a pause. A long one.

"Can I just come over?" He asked, bluntly.

"Why?"

"I just...I need you."

[Invite him]

[Decline him]