Lilith [Keep Lying]

By Donna Missal. Love herrr.

Hate Lilith tho. Just saying but for you I'll at least pretend to like her

--

"Hello!" You greeted, hands held above your shoulders, red dots presenting itself on your chest. "Friendly?" You asked, a hopeful smile planted as the Sanctuary guards continue to aim at you. One of the guards pulled out his echo, unable to make out what he said, yet it made them lay down their weapons, forced you on your knees to cuff you before bringing you into their home.

"Okay-" you grunted in pain, the guards forcing you into a dark, barley lit room. It was separate compared to the rest of the town. The door slaming shut, you sat alone in the room on a rusted, uncomfortable chair, thinking, so far only had been able to see the entrance and nothing else of the town. You could hear harsh murmurs coming from outside before three entered the room.

A lean, dread haired man whose tired and weak eyes hid behind his goggles; a higher than six-five, buzzed cut brute; and a fiery haired, tattooed woman leaning over you with her dangerous scowl. You suspected she would be the bad cop.

Your smiled still sat mockingly. "Ma'am."

"You're off." She started, sharply circling around. "You randomly step near our grounds, willingly let us take you, no firearm, only a shield, and best of all a smile on your face." She closed on you. "Why did you come here?"

"You mean other than finding a place that is safe? With food and warmth. I just-"

"Where's your group?"

"I'm a loner." You assured.

"How many people have you killed?"

"The percentage is laughably low. I'm not very skilled with a firearm, only thing I have use for is a pocketknife or-"

"So how have you survived for this long?" She questioned, unconvinced.

"A lot of running. You should see my.." You look between the three. "You know, never mind it's not that important."

"Running can get you killed."

"Guess I'm just lucky."

"Or a liar." The dreaded man finally spoke up.

"Life is chaos." You sighed, unnerved.

"Yeah." The fire hair agreed, glare still aimed at you. "So what if we did allow you into our happy home, what would you do? How would you contribute?"

"Well," you clear your throat, trying to relax is the rigged chair. "I make bomb lasagna."

"That's some good help." The brute pointed out, earning a nod and a silent 'yes, it is' from you.

Soon again, you felt cool air around you, mapping out the area. A bar, medical shack, garage, firearms dealer, and apartment buildings filled up with music and care free conversations. "Quite a home." You mumbled.

"What was that?" The guard guiding you deeper into town barked back at you.

"I said: Quite a home." You repeated, defensively. "But, uh... You know where I'll be staying?" The guard guided you to one wide room, filled with bunk beds, blankets scattered everywhere, wires hung sheets to be used as a border between some beds. It smelled stale, some of its people were weak or even more weak.

"This is where newcomers stay until they are able to buy an apartment or a separate area to claim theirs." The guard informed, before leaving, door slamming behind him.

You stepped forward after taking a few more glances around, some eyes wandered at you before going about their business. There were few empty beds, a situation of first come first served and you picked the on that was clean enough. You ducked your head, taking a seat, dust tossing itself around. You rubbed your hands through your scalp, you got to get familiar with this place. It seemed bigger from outside the walls.