Chapter 23

Naomi mason

Today was the day.

The most important soccer game of my life. It was make it or break it. I'm so nervous I couldn't eat anything all day. I know that's bad but I am so nervous I couldn't. In school I couldn't concentrate. All I was thinking about was the game. I was thinking about how good it will be to win or how I would feel if I would loose. I'm trying to stay positive but I can't help to think about it and right now as I'm sitting in our team just praying that this game goes right. I honestly don't know what I would do if we loose. I don't know what I would do if I didn't get my 100 goal. Everyone I mean everyone is here. Paige told me the stands are pack. My whole side of my moms family, the soccer family is here to support me. No one on my moms side has ever broke the 100 goal. I'll be the first in my family and the first in my school. Oh jeez I think I'm going to throw up.

Breath Naomi breath

I'm nervously tapping my foot and drumming my fingers in my head and I can't stop shaking. I just want to play and get this over with.

"Naomi." Coach came over to me

I picked my head up and looked at her "hey coach."

"You look like the nervous rack." She laughed

I smiled "yeah I'm pretty nervous."

She sat down beside me and put her hand on my knee

"Just play the game like you normally do. Forget about everyone who showed up tonight. Forget about the record or states or the division championship just play this game like its an regular old season game. Play the game like you know how to play. If you block everyone else out you will do fine I promise. Stop worrying about what will happen if we loose or anything like that. So what if we loose or you don't break the record what matters is what you leave on the field tonight. If you give your 100% and loose hey at least you have it your all, but if you play the worst game of your life and loose them well have some problems. I just want you to have fun kiddo and play it your all. Give them a show, show them who Naomi mason really is." She said

I toke a deep breath and nodded.

She patted my knee "okay you got like 2 mins before showtime I'll call you." She got off and left

Everything she said was right but I still couldn't help but be nervous. I had to leave everything out in the field today. I have to give it my all. This game should be my most memorable game ever. I couldn't let anybody take this from me.

"Naomi lets go!" Coach yelled

I got up and jumped up and down a couple times. I looked up at the ceiling.

"This ones for you mom ." I headed out

+++

"Let's give it up for you Kennedy high girls soccer team!" The announcer said

We ran out in our warms up me and Ashley in the front bc we were captains. We both held soccer balls in our hands as the crowd was screaming out of control and our warm up cd blaring. I honestly loved it. We did our warms up and them the refs called over the captains. After that me and Ashley ran back to our team.

"Okay ladies." Coach started "today is a very important game today. Whatever happens I want to let you guys know how proud I am that you guys made it this far. Leave it all out on the field tonight. Play your hardest. Don't do this for me... Do this for you selfs. If you want it go get it. The only way your going to win is if you play to the best of your ability. Let's show everyone what real warriors are." She stood up " alright let's cheer it up ladies. Naomi lead us off"