Chapter 6

Randy garret

We got to her house and I put my truck in park. She was looking outside my window like she was zoning out or something.

"Is something wrong?" I finally ask

"I don't want to go inside." She spoke

"We can just stay in here and talk?"

"Um okay better than going back inside."

"Okay so what do you want to talk about?"

"I don't know" she said looking distance

" Okay then I will start" I said "if your such the big hype at this school for you know soccer and all that then why don't you act like it."

"I never like this feud or any of the glory of being a star athlete. I love playing soccer and that's why I'm playing because I love soccer. Not because of this feud or the fame. Everyone pretends to be my friend because Of how great I am. So I just don't care, but I want to change you know? I don't want to be that shy girl anymore. I want to be like everyone else. I'm just tired of being afraid all the time. I just need a change."

Wow. What she said was deep and I kinda expected it. I needed to say something she'll think I don't care.

"What if I can help you?"

"Help me with what?"

"Help you change. You know let loose." I climbed in her side to the glove caparment and grab my bag of weed I have. She looked at me like I was crazy. "This is the first step of change. In my book."

"Smoking weed?"

"Yup. It helps you let loose and not think for awhile." I rolled the weed into a joint and handed it to her. She didn't take it for a couple of seconds but she finally gave in. I lit it for her. She started sucking the smoke and before I knew it she choke on it.

I started laughing " hey it's your first time you'll get use to it."

"You sure?" She ask

"Positive." As I started rolling me a joint. "Next step is your clothes. You have horrible taste."

She started laughing and toke another puff.

+++

Naomi mason

I never thought smoking weed would be so great. It is literally amazing. It's like I see everything more differently.

We were laughing a lot. Talking about random things. I never knew I could open up to randy garret and that he wanted to actually talk to me. No matter how high I was I tried to listen and focus on everything he was saying. Even though that was pretty hard because I was high.

Then he ask something that I really had to think

"So your Jake masons sister right."

"That's correct" I said as I toke another puff.

"I've just been confused lately about this. Your whole family is like legends at this school. You know for football. Your brother was the latest one and the biggest. Your whole family was involve with this feud and they are were all in the football side. Even the girls. Why are you a soccer player?" He ask

No one has ever ask me that and if they did I would change the subject. The only person I told was Amber. Was I ready to tell him. I barely know him. I guess i should.

"I never really told anyone but Amber. But football and cheerleading isn't really my thing. I watch football with my brother but it's not really something I enjoy. I don't even like cheerleading. It's pointless. That's not the real reason though. My mother was a soccer player but she didn't go to this school. My dad fell In love with her but she had to promise him that If they ever had children. They would be either a football player or a cheerleader. She agreed because she loved him. When I was like 5 my mom saw that i really loved soccer. So she signed me up in leagues and that's why I fell in love with soccer. My dad found out and he got really upset." I paused this part was painful " he forgave my mom but didn't forgive me. He hated me ever since. Thinking I made the wrong choice. He loved my brother more than he loved me because he played football. Now my dad doesn't talk to me or doesn't even look at me. He acts like I don't even exist. Like he doesn't even have a daughter."