Day 1: Getting Lost

Not sure how I'm going to do on this challenge, the chapters are kind of short because I usually need like, three days to write a good chapter with revisions and everything, plus the fact that I also have school, (Skip the rest if you don't want to hear thinking, but also maybe don't because it will tell you why I may not post regularly, just panning out how I can get stuff done) so if school ends at 3:00 (Except Wednesdays) But I get home around 4:00, then I have roughly an hour of homework and studying, and I have to get to sleep on time, would be 5:00-9:30 which is only three and a half hours to shower, interact with family, watch Supernatural, AND write, it just doesn't seem like a super good idea, so please bare with me if I'm not able to post everyday. Also, I'm not a very motivated person lately, I have not been getting much done. So, taking all that into consideration, I've no idea how this will play out, and sorry for the heckin long authors note, now enjoy this short chapter.

******

"Dammit Sherlock, I told you we shouldn't have gone this way," John says as they walk down a dark alley, the paved ground littered with trash and puddles, John can basically hear the eerie music playing.

"Relax John, I'll protect you," he looks at Sherlock and Sherlock winks with a grin, John groans, the pit of his stomach filled with anxiety, "and anyway, I know exactly where we are," John rolls his eyes.

He knows he shouldn't be this worried, he did invade Afghanistan after all, but he can't help shake the feeling that something is going to go wrong, and he knows from enough past experiences that he should trust his gut.

Something behind them rustled and John jumped, quickly grabbing Sherlocks arm and looking behind him, nothing was there. He let out a sigh and looked back ahead.

"Don't lie Sherlock, I know you have no idea where we are," they were working a case that was further than usual, and they thought that they could go to dinner afterwards and get home fine. Well they didn't even make it to dinner, because Sherlock figured the restaurant would be close enough to walk to, and he also thought that taking a shortcut through a dark alley that doesn't have a led out where they desired would be a good idea, turns out it wasn't.

"Oh ye of so little faith," Sherlock says, still looking ahead, taking in the scene, his gaze stops on something and he squints his eyes, John's heart stops and he looks where Sherlock is, a rat skitters around a pile of garbage.

John jumps again, "Ohhh my God!" Sherlock lets out a laugh and shakes his head, "Ugh, what's that smell?" John scrunched his face and wrapped his arms around himself, "hng, I just want to get out of here," Sherlock looks down at John and stops, turning around so that he can face him directly.

"We'll be fine John, I promise, I would never let anything happen to you," Sherlock reassured and uncrossed Johns arms, taking one hand into his own and looking forward again, "Come on, we're close," Sherlock led John.

John tried to think about Sherlock's hand to calm his uneasy stomach, it was larger, long and slender fingers, it was also a comforting warm.

"Aha!" Sherlock pointed with the hand that wasn't holding Johns, "I told you we'd be okay, look, there's a streetlight," he looks forward and sure enough there is a streetlight, he released a breath he didn't know he was holding.

They heard the faint sound of water splashing, and saw a cab trudging through the puddles on the road.

"See, we've made it," John rolls his eyes.

"Never again Sherlock," Sherlock laughs in response and starts walking quicker to the road, he doesn't release John's hand when they get to the street, instead he raises his nondominant hand to hail the cab.

John releases Sherlock and rounds the cab to get in on the other side, embarrassed that Sherlock had to hold his hand in the first place.

He sits down and Sherlock tells the cabbie where to head.

"Thank you, but also we are never doing that again and I'm going to beat you up when we get home," John laughs and Sherlock joins in.

"Kinky," John laughs harder and hits Sherlocks arm with the back of his hand.

"I'm serious, Sherlock," he nods.

"Of course John, anything for you, now let's go home," John huffs a laugh and nods his head.

******

Thank you guys SO MUCH for all the love you've shown, it's been a blast writing this and getting to hear your thoughts on it, so I appreciate it and love y'all so much.

Also I made my Mom watch an episode of Supernatural with me and she said Sam's not that cute... LIKE I KNOW I'M ON A JOHNLOCK ACCOUNT BUT I MUST HAVE SOME SUPERNATURAL FANS OUT THERE, AND EVEN IF I DON'T, Y'ALL HAVE TO AGREE THAT SAM IS ADORABLE. Ah, I love them so much, I would totally recommend Supernatural for those of you who haven't watched it, literally the beeesssssttttt.

DELETED SCENES:

"The pound graved," (This happened in my head, I was reading it over and got the words mixed up, it cool)

"Puffles," (Yeah, I have no idea where the F that came from tbh)