{0}

Prologue: The artist and his work…

Kevin was an artist, he supposed.

That's what everyone else called him anyway. He didn't really think so. Yeah, he did art from time to time and it was pretty alright, but it wasn't the typical kind of art, no. It had no pictures of families, or sunsets or animals. It rarely even had smiling faces or happy times.

In fact, rarely anything he ever created was particularly 'happy' at all. No, it was the exact opposite of happy.

It was dark, it was morbid, it was macabre and he was totally okay with that. It was just a hobby anyway, a tool for him to vent with whenever he got upset, which was increasingly more often, lately. But really he didn’t think of it as anything too special other than a talent that was pretty much useless.

What was he gonna do with a couple of creepy drawings anyway? Not an awful lot, Kevin thought. 

He also didn't really choose what he drew. His fingers simply worked with the pencil. Kevin would draw landscapes of old abandoned homes he had never before seen, creatures that wouldn’t even appear in his worst nightmares. They always just came to him at total random.

It was a gift, he guessed. Though he didn't know if it was a gift, so much as him having a pretty good imagination. 

Though Kevin often wondered if the places and things he drew were real. If someone had seen those places, or dreamed those creatures. He wondered if maybe he was actually digging into someone'shead every time he drew. If he was pulling images out from there.

That would be pretty cool, he thought.

No one really took an interest in Kevin's art, though. He wasn't surprised and didn't really care that much, they weren't really for other eyes anyway, not that he minded if some passers by took a look over his shoulder every once and a while.

At least, not until he saw them.

Aleksandr was his name, a soul born curious. It was just natural for him to come up behind Kevin one day to see what he was creating. They didn’t really know anything about each other besides their names, but Kevin didn’t mind it too much.

He had been drawing an old house using a charcoal pencil, there was a dead, spiny tree off to the side, and there was a startling creature peeking out from behind it. It was the typical thing for Kevin to be drawing.

Aleksandr never really said anything, he just watched as Kevin's hand moved freely across the paper, drawing, then smudging, then examining. That process would then repeat, over and over until Kevin was happy with the results.

He began to come and watch more and more often until he was visiting Kevin on a regular basis. As in more often than not.

Kevin never really looked directly at Aleksandr, but he was sure the boy knew that he had acknowledged his presence with the way the corners of his mouth twitched up as he took a seat in his usal place behind Kevin.

Besides, Kevin didn't really have to look at him to be able to put a few things together.

He knew that Aleksandr was almost always quiet, he was curious, he seemed to like Kevin and his drawings, and he was very sad and lonely.

Hi.
So… New story. I've got big plans for these boys and this story... I hope you guys stick around to see it grow! Uh, yeah, bye.