{4}

Chapter 4: socially retarded texter syndrome.

Kevin felt his heart thumping in his chest every time he thought about the brunette for days after the café. He had never felt so attached to someone he was only really starting to get to know, never felt so protective and bubbly when he thought about someone.

It was foreign and made him giddy but at the same time his stomach ached dully. He wanted to text Aleksandr all the time, wanted to chat the day away and then the night away too. But he didn't. Kevin didn't know why he never took the first step, he was scared, anxious, worried.

He'd fuck it up, he knew he would. He'd say something incredibly stupid and Aleks would never want to talk to him again. Worst of all he hadn't even been able to go down to the park with his mother constantly looming over him to make sure he was working and not just scribbling his new favourite thing to draw.

Aleksandr proved to be a very fun person to draw. The silly expressions he made were priceless. But his actual work was "more important" meaning a. he did what he had to do to keep his apartment, or b. live on the streets for real. He knew that as an adult, there were some thing he was going to have to suck up and just do, but god did growing up suck ass.

 Kevin knew though, that he had to keep pressing on.  He wanted to make his family proud, and this was how he was going to do it, even if it meant never being able to do the art he loved. 

So Kevin hadn't drawn (what he wanted to draw) for a week, which meant he hadn't visited the park either, and because he couldn't work up the nerves to text Aleks that meant there was no way to speak with him. This did not help with the anxiety he was fighting.

He was like a socially retarded nerd, but worse. He had socially retarded texter syndrome, probably.

So the day Kevin's phone went off he nearly shot up from his seat, staring at ID with the goofiest grin. He had a text message.

Kevin...? Are you okay?

It was written under Aleksandr's name. Kevin fumbled to reply as soon as he could, but forced himself to relax and slow down as to not seem like he'd been waiting for a text for a week.

Yeah, of course! Just, y'know, work.

Kevin nervously placed the phone on the desk, staring at it as if willing it to buzz again. When the phone went off again Kevin felt an overwhelming sense of excitement.

Ooh, you had me worried dude

Kevin let out the tiniest giggle, almost surprising himself. Someone was worried for him. Someone who Kevin had been equally worried about, it made him feel warm inside in a way that couldn't quite be described.

Conversation, just like it had at the café, steadily got breezier until their speech was comfortable and free. Kevin liked it, they talked about random things for hours and Kevin easily forgot all about the boring book report he was typing up. Not that it was hard to forget.

By 3am Kevin was lying in his bed, his phone next to his face as he yawned but smiled. The happiness bubbling within him almost made him want to prance around like an idiot. He refrained of course, but mostly because his mother would yell for staying up too late.

I'm going to fall asleep

Was sent to his phone and Kevin smiled. He wondered what Aleks looked like as he slept. That was probably the creepiest thought he'd ever had, but he pretended it wasn't.

Me too..

Come to the park tomorrow?

Kevin's tired smile grew as his fingers lazily tapped the screen of his phone.

It's a date.

Wait.

I didn't mean it like that.

Aleks?

His heart was lifted as he got a reply, and he could pretty much hear Aleks snickering.

It's a date.

Yooooo hooray for filler chapters because I have a really good idea but I couldn't fit it all here. the next chapter will probably be really short though soo...