[Barley/Yandere!Reader] Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

ミ★ Third person POV
      ミ★ 2700+ words
      ミ★ Yandere!Reader
      ミ★ TW: Kidnapping, NSFW (Murder), Sexual Undertones
      ミ★ Notes : A gift to my lovely homie DoodlinFool who was craving a Barley/Reader.

*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*

She who lacked empathy lost humanity within her she never had.

[F/n], distressed, sat before the counter of the bar. Fists planted firmly against the wood, her nails dug into the palms of her hand. The silence ringing through the air shouted volumes in her ears as tears began to form in the corner of her eyes.

How. How could she let this happen?

Feeling a hand plant on her shoulder, she looks over to see Colt sit beside her. A firm frown glued to his expression. He said nothing, not that he was able to regardless. Nothing he said could soothe her feelings. Small droplets splatter on the wood.

"I-It's all my fault." She broke out, squeezing her eyes shut. "I let him out of my sight for a fucking second— a SECOND." Colt squeezes her shoulder. He calculated his next words, taking nearly a minute to respond. "This wasn't something you could control, no one could. Believe me. I'm pissed at myself as well." Gazing over towards the usual position Barley would stand in, he momentarily chews on nothing.

"One thing we can do now is gather clues." Colt adds. "You're grieving too early."

Shrugging his hand off, she turns to him equally as aggressive. "FUCK YOU— YOU don't know how I feel! I loved him goddamn it he's my everything!" [F/n] wanted to slap him, insulted. The hypocrisy he displayed only fueled her more. "YOU sat on your ass for the first two days he was gone while I was running left and right asshole." She shouted, now standing. Colt could notice how shaken she was. He sighed.

She was wrong, however, during both days Colt had done everything in his power to get more eyes on the matter. So when he caught wind the police wouldn't do much to help them, he shut down.

"Let's not do this right now. That's not why I followed you here." Getting out of his seat, he takes a few steps towards the exit. Eyes darting everywhere in bittersweet nostalgia. He shakes his head. "I have a lead, downtown where Jessie works. She said her workshop was broken into late this afternoon." [F/n] perks at the new information, meeting his eyes as she made a small effort to recollect herself.

"What?" She retorts. Colt gestures [F/n] to follow him. And wordlessly, she does.

Unhinged, beyond the realm of normality. She was going insane at all the news. Despite this, she ensured to make herself look contained. No one could know what she was experiencing. As a detective, she didn't want to alarm others the real gravity of the situation.

It's difficult. Keep up this facade itself was a full time job on its own. Yet she managed it perfectly, she had to, if not— no one else would be able to find any sort of comfort among the mess going on.

"What if we never find him?"

That was a tough question he didn't want to entertain. As the town's best sheriff, Colt truly felt the weight of responsibility that came with the disappearance. It was hard, suffocating, if he had done a better job policing the town none of this would be happening.