Chapter 18 - Let's Ask Him

"Hey um, can we go by Ashley's house real quick? I kind of left my car there last night." Andy asks as he sits next to me in the front passenger seat while everyone else sits in the back.

"Yeah, here." I put my phone on the GPS app and give it to Andy so he can type in the address.

He types the address in and places the phone in the middle cup holder as the car starts the route to her house.

"How did you get to the hospital? It's a bit too far of a walk to all the way over there." I ask slightly confused as I start the car.

"I took the ambulance with her."

She went in an ambulance!? This is nuts, I hope she tells us what happened. I'm really concerned for her now.

"Ohhh I see." I grab onto the wheel while stepping on the gas, and I start following the directions from the GPS.

Silence continues to go on as we get progressively closer to her house until Andy speaks up again.

"Did any of you hear her walk out? Jack, you heard me but by any chance did you hear Ash?"

Jack picks his head up from his phone as Andy speaks his name.
"Nope, nothin'."

"Sneaky lil girl." Rye comments from the back.

I chuckle lightly to myself as I see Andy throw Rye a dirty glare from my peripheral vision.

"What are you laughing at?" Andy turns his sight towards me from Rye.

"Nothing, mate, nothing."

"Bro, you're acting like she's your girlfriend. Just ask her out already. No ones stopping you." Brook tittered at Andy's actions.

"I thought I already explained this." Andy groaned. "We all finally decided that we were going to take this band thing seriously from here on out. Now that we finally found a manager that will take us, I don't wanna ruin our futures just because of a girl. Even though I do really like her, I don't want to ruin our chances; even if they are slim, they're still there." He mumbles and slumps back in his seat.

"But it's still worth a shot in asking him, isn't it? There is a chance that he'll say yes, even if it might take a little persuading. Righttt? " Jack insisted.

"But what if-"

"We won't know until we try, okay Andy? Stop worrying so much." I try to calm his worries down.

"Yeah, I sincerely doubt Blair would be that much of a dick and let us go just because you want to be happy with someone." Rye added in agreement.

I park next to the curb behind Andy's vehicle once I arrive to the designated address.

"I'll meet you at the hospital nearest to that McDonalds, yeah?" Andy asks as he places his hand on the door handle.

"Yeah, mate. Meet ya there." I consent with him as he opens the door and walks to his car.

I look into the rear view mirror as I reverse and turn back around the same path with the help of someone's driveway.

I can't stand to see Andy like this any longer. He's pulled between a girl and his job. I'm so grateful that he cares about mine and the other boys' well being but we also care about him. I can see that they don't want him to stress about this either. He shouldn't have to. We're in our last year of school and he's still picky about any girl that wants him, except her. Blair can't say no, right?

"Someone get Blair on call. Looks like we might have to ask him about this ourselves." I tell the three boys in the back, taking on our mission.

I hear the noises of someone's dial pad then the dial tone begins. It stops when Blair picks up the call.