Chapter 6 - Why are you late!?

Andy's POV

As I jog back to the boys Rye asks me, "Where is she going? We were supposed to talk about her being friends with us!"

I sigh and say, "Chill out mate. She had to go home so I asked her to sit with us during lunch tomorrow." Brook butts in on the conversation, "What did she say?"

"She said yes. She also wanted me to say that it was nice meeting you guys."

Rye says, "Okay, we'll discuss with her then."

I feel a hard force of something colliding with my leg and realize that Sonny chucked a football at my shins. "Ouch Sonny!" I say as I pick up the ball and run into the field, kicking it up in the air.

Brook shouts, "FOOTBALL!" And we start to play football in the grassy field.

Ashley's POV

I drive myself home to my parents screaming at each other, like always. It really gets annoying hearing it almost everyday and waking up to it in the middle of the night.
If they know I got home late then their mood will definitely not work in my favor so I try to quietly tip toe my way up the stairs.

I hear a mans voice shout, "ASHLEY! Get your ass over here right now!" and I stop dead in my tracks.

"Fuck..." I mumble under my breath, already knowing what's coming next from past experiences. I turn around and walk towards him. "Y-yes, father?"

"Why are you late!?"

"I-I'm sorry. I was collecting papers from a teacher." I say as I try my best to keep my body from trembling.

"You better not be lying to me, girl or this hand," he raises his hand "will be right across your face. Do you understand!?"

"Yes s-sir."

"Now go to your room. Your bitch of a mother is making dinner." I hear mom scoff from across the room.

"U-um, I'm not hungry."

"Suit yourself, fatass."

I almost run away as he says that, fast walking up the stairs. I should be used to everyone's mean remarks by now, but I'm not. I'm fucking not!

I run into my room and lock the door. I feel the tears I've been holding in escape my eyes as I curl up on my bed.

"Why are people like this? I feel so alone. So fucking alone in this world. Why am I like this? Why am I fucking like this!?" I whisper-shout. I cry and feel my eyes become more tired with each tear that slips down until I finally fall into a deep slumber.