Chapter 12 - Sneaking out

I wake up to my phone making stupid noises and I lazily reach over to grab it from my charger.
"Ughhh stupid ass phone what do you- Andy?"
I see text notifications from Andy.

                               12:01 AM
Andy- hey, it was really no problem, don't worry about it. goodnight❤️
                              6:31 AM
Andy- are you feeling better?
                              10:26 AM
Andy- hey, the group and i were wondering if you would like to come to the movies with us today? only if you don't already have plans of course.

He actually texted back... that's surprising. WAIT A FREAKING SECOND! HE PUT A FREAKING HEART! OH MY GOD! Wait... why did he put a freaking heart?

10:29 AM
Ashley- Yeah I'm feeling much better, thank you.

Ashley- Um, I don't know if I'm allowed to go. I'm kinda not allowed to leave my room until Monday sooo...

Andy- what happened? please tell me. did something bad happen?

Ashley- They got mad that I was late getting home. And I'm pretty sure I won't be able to make it. Thank you for the invite though...

He actually invited me to go to the movies with him and his band mates. He thought of me...

Andy- are you sure you can't come? maybe we could sneak you out or something?

Wait, why does he sound like he actually wants me to go? Like he'd be sad if I couldn't make it?

Ashley- Sneak me out?

Andy- yeah, you have a window in your room?

I look out my window that gives me a view of the front lawn.

Ashley- Yeah but my house has two stories so I'll actually break a leg. Or both.

Andy- thats fine, we'll figure something out. i can pick you up. we're going right now. i have Sonny. Rye is taking Jacklyn.

Ashley- Fine.

I send my address to him.

Andy- be ready in 10

Ashley- yep. Text me when you're here.

Andy- will do

HE'S COMING TO MY HOUSE TO PICK ME UP AND TAKE ME TO THE MOVIES!
I run into my closet and rush to pick something out?
"Casual? Cute? Dark? I DON'T KNOW!"
I finally decided on a casual, cute outfit which hopefully means I'm not dressing down, or up.

HE'S COMING TO MY HOUSE TO PICK ME UP AND TAKE ME TO THE MOVIES!I run into my closet and rush to pick something out? "Casual? Cute? Dark? I DON'T KNOW!"I finally decided on a casual, cute outfit which hopefully means I'm not dressing down, or up

After I finish styling my hair into a simple ponytail, I get a text from Andy.

Andy- look outside 😉

I open my window and look down to see Andy.

"Hey" he smirks.
"H-hi" I wave.
"You coming?"
I look around nervously. "Um, well I can't go out the front door, Andy."
He scrunches up his face, indicating that he's trying to think.

"Well...you wanna jump?"

I look down at the grassy floor and suddenly I feel fifty feet higher.
"It's okay, I'll catch you. I promise." He tries to convince me to jump.
I put my phone in my pocket and dangle my legs out of the window.
"Andy... this is scary."
"You're like Brook. Scared of heights, eh?"
I blush slightly from embarrassment and nod.

He holds out his arms. "Don't be scared. I promise I'll catch you. Just keep your eyes on me, okay?"
I stare straight into his ocean blue eyes and nod.
"I'll count down from three, then you jump. Ready?"

I nod.

"Three"

I feel sick to my stomach but I try my best to concentrate on him and him only.

"Two"

I can't do this.

"One"

I close my eyes as I feel my body leave the compacted cliff of bricks.
I flinch as I feel myself land but I don't dare to open my eyes.

"You okay? I caught you." I hear a soft spoken voice say with slight smile clear upon his lips.
I open my eyes to my blonde-haired friend holding me protectively in his arms.

I smile, admiring his facial features from an up close angle.
He smiles back and we have a moment of silent admiration for each other.

But of course, that all ends when we hear a series of car honks and shouting from a few feet away.

"AY MATES! STOP FLIRTING AND COME ON!" Sonny shouts and laughs like a maniac from the car.

I blush slightly.

I feel my feet collide with the ground and hear Andy mumble a "sorry" while blushing.
I knock into my senses and remember we're outside of my house. I suddenly feel a wave of panic rush over.

"A-Andy-"

I hear a window open and I look back to see my stepdad.

"ASHLEY! GET YOUR ASS BACK IN HERE RIGHT NOW! I SWEAR I'LL BEAT YOUR ASS IF YOU DON'T HURRY UP!"

Andy and I exchange looks and nod to each other then immediately rush into his car, him jumping into the drivers seat and I hop into the back seat.

I catch a glance of my stepfathers face before Andy presses on the gas.

God, what did I just do?