Chapter 11 - Andy's Phone Number

Ashley's POV

Tears trickle from my face as I drive home and clutch the small piece of paper in my hand.

It's almost like he actually cares... why does he seem like he cares!? About me!? He hugged me... he offered for me to stay with him. I really wanted to! I want to be away from the place I should call home.
At Andy's house they won't be fighting. At Andy's house I can feel rested and safe. At Andy's house I can feel cared for and wanted!

All of these thoughts stop when I pull up to my house. As much as I don't want to, I get out of my car and stand at the front door. I take a deep breath as I open the maple syrup colored wooden door to reveal my parents at the doorway.
"......hi"
He slaps my cheek, hard. "WHAT DID WE TELL YOU ABOUT BEING LATE!?"
My mom decides to add before I get a chance to speak, "Especially three hours late!"
"I-I'm sorry. I-I was just recovering at a friends house b-because my cousin beat me up after school..."
My mom rolls her eyes, "What did we tell you about being a tattletale?"
"You deserved it anyway. Stop being such a crybaby or you'll get another hit!"

I'm tired of this.

I push passed them and start walking to the stairs before I feel something grab my hair and, next thing you know, I'm on the floor. I feel someones hand slap my cheek and I look up to see that man that I've always despised.

"You don't disrespect your parents like that! And you don't make a fist at us!" I see his eyes glance over to where I'm still holding Andy's phone number.

"Now go to your room. I don't want to see you out of there all weekend until you have to go back to school on Monday!"
I nod and scurry to my room, still tightly clutching my hope in my hand.

I unravel the crumbled piece of paper to reveal a series of numbers that's supposedly Andy's phone number and sit on my bed staring at them. I take out my phone and tap on 'add contact'. I sit there, contemplating whether I should text him or not.

I don't think I should bother him. He's probably busy with family or talking with his friends...

I add his number to my contacts.

I decide not to talk to him. I don't want to cry and annoy him like I did earlier. I feel really bad for that.
I get up from my bed and head into my own personal bathroom to take a shower.
I undress and put my all of my clothes in the hamper.

Oh god wait, did that shirt have blood on it?

I turn to the mirror and look at myself for the first time since this morning.

Ew, my lip busted and my nose has dry blood on it, a couple bruises on my face, and some on my arms and legs too. This is going to be hard to hide ughhh. Hopefully makeup can fix the ones on my face a bit. It would be kinda awkward if someone asked about them...

I turn on a hot bath and lay down in the tub. Yes, I'm literally boiling myself alive but the heat feels good, even though it really burns.

I can't help but think about that boyband. And not just the boyband, Andy in particular.
Why is he so different from other people? He's not rude or selfish or arrogant. He's actually so nice and sweet. So caring and selfless. He and Rye helped me out, even though Rye was such a prick when we first met. Maybe they're not complete jerks after all. Maybe I can give them a chance... give myself a chance to have other friends besides Sky-

My phone rings and, speak of the devil, it's Sky.
I pick up the phone, careful not to drop it in the hot water where I could potentially be electrocuted if something bad accidentally happened.
"Hello?"
"Why haven't you answered my texts!?"
I check my unread messages, 46 unread text messages from Sky alone.
"Oh, sorry. I was uh, busy."
"Yeah, busy getting it on with Andy right?"
I can hear the smirk in her voice.
"Ew, no! It's not like that!"
She laughs. "Girl I'm just messing with you! But really, what happened today? I've heard rumors going around that there was a fight and mister Prince Charming came to rescue you. Then these girls said Andy and Rye took you into Andy's car and he drove off with you or something?"
"Heh well um, sorta like that I guess you could say. My cousin-"
"YOUR COUSIN!? WHAT THE FUCK DID THAT BITCH DO NOW!?"
"In short, I didn't do what he said again and he came at me. I don't remember much of what happened but before I blacked out, I saw Rye punching him and... and Andy was holding me..."
"Wait, they protected you!? How close are you getting to them? And I heard that you sat with them during lunch today? Is that true?"
"U-um yeah." I said as I stepped out of the bath and drained it.
"How did it go?"
I grab a clean white towel from the spruce wooden cabinet and dry my skin.
"It went pretty well. Rye said just to not date any one of the band members and I'll be fine."
"Makes sense. How was Brook? Was he cuter in person?"
"Uh, yeah?"

I move my phone away from my ear as I hear a high-pitched squeal from the other line.
This girl absolutely loves these boys I swear.

"Yeah, yeah Brook was definitely cuter in person. Brook is the um, blonde one with green eyes? Right?" I say and start getting out sleep clothes from my drawers.
"Have you not learned anything from our sleepovers? Of course he is! My Brook! Stay away from him hehehe."
"Okay creepo haha. Well um, I'm gonna go now. I'm kinda not allowed to leave my room since I came home late." I put my pajamas on.
"Nah-uh missy. You think you could get away that fast without telling me what happened at Andy's house?"

"...yes..."

"Well? What happened?"
"Nothing much. He just laid me down so I could rest a bit and then after a while, I left."
"Did it smell good? Does HE smell good?"
"Look Sky, I really have to go now. I'm really tired." I laugh nervously.
"Okay then chickaaa. You just better not get too close and personal with my Brooky though. Remember what I told you, fangirls are crazy."
"I won't Sky, I won't." I laugh.
"Better not. Byyeee." She says, a beep sound followed soon after, indicating that the call has ended.

I sigh and flop down on my bed.
"Today has been a long day..."
I pull out my phone and pull up Andy's contact.

                                  11:24 PM
Ashley- Hey Andy, it's Ashley. I just wanted to say thank you for helping me out from what happened earlier, and if you could tell Rye I said thank you to him as well, that would be great. You don't know how much it meant to me for you to do that. Thank you. Goodnight Andy.

I set my phone aside on my nightstand.
I grab the covers and pull them over my body as I start to fall asleep.