Chapter 13 - Cinema

The drive to the cinema had an awkward feeling lingering in the air but honestly, I just felt relieved that I was out of that house. I wonder what would've happened if I was caught.
I quickly glance at Sonny's face. He seems a little stunned. I can tell he wants to touch on what had just happened, but he kept his mouth shut throughout the whole ride nonetheless.

I look around and observe the car. It's obviously Andy's, it smells like him and it's messily organized, which suits him.
Bubble gum and mints in the small pocket of the car door, a steel travel mug that has a pungent bitter scent of black coffee still lingering inside a cup holder, a CD case under the drivers seat.

Andy finds a spot in the parking lot and we walk into the large building to meet up with the other boys.
As soon as we walk in an overwhelming aroma of freshly popped popcorn fills my nostrils. The mixed scents of salt and butter are enough to make my mouth water.

I purposefully lag behind as Sonny runs into the line for popcorn and Andy starts looking for the other members of his group.

Andy's POV

"Rye!" I shout once I find him, along with Jack and Brook along his sides.
He hears me and they run towards us.
"So the chick decided to come?" Rye looks behind me at Ashley as she smiles and nods.
"Wow, Andy finally learns how to pick up chicks. Good job brotha!" Brook jokes and I punch him in the arm.
"Shut up guys."
"Where's Sonny boy?" Jack asks.
"He's in line getting the popcorn."
"Okay, come on Brook." Jack drags Brook to the snack bar on their search to find Sonny.
Rye puts an arm around Ashley's shoulders and says, "Don't be shy around them. They're absolute nutters when you get to know them."
I don't know why but I suddenly shoot Rye a dirty look.

"Hey Rye, how about you go and help the others with the popcorn?"

"Uh, sure." Rye replies.

"Okay. Come on, Ash. Let's go find our seats."

Rye pokes my chest as he walks by. "Jealousss."

I push him away and start walking off with Ashley. "It's not like that!"

I hear him shout, "UH HUH!" Before I grab her hand and lead her away.

I give the ticket man our tickets.
"Third door to the left."

"Thank you."

After walking in we walk up the stairs and find our seats in the middle row of the theater. Not too high, not too low. We're preferably early hence why many of the seats are empty and available.

"S-sorry about that." I say to Ashley as I rub the back of my neck. "Don't mind the boys too much. They're not used to having girl friends. I-I mean, friend girls. Girl friends. Like, friends that are girls. Not actual girlfriends." I nervously laugh. Gosh, why is it so hot all of a sudden?

"It's okay. They seem like very friendly people." She giggles. That's so cute- no, Andrew. Don't think like that.

"Yeah, but like Rye tried to say, they are very good people and really fun to be around. Just be yourself, we don't judge." I smile at her.
She makes a face of uncertainty.
I lean into her ear. "Trust me, if you've seen the things we've done, you'll know what absolute nutters we are." I try to assure her.

"Hmmm, give me some examples then maybe I'll believe you."

"Well... we've jumped into a huge public fountain, fully clothed. Then ran away before the police arrived. We were soaked! Jack literally headbutts everything in sight. We made Brooklyn down a whole container of pepper. Good times." I laugh.
She looks gobsmacked.