27.

Please vote and comment!

Betty POV:

I was on my way to a small building where my counseling session is being held.

I soon arrived at the car park and took a deep breath. I stepped out of my car and walked into the office.

I got a conformation email yesterday and it said to tell the lady at the front desk that I was here.

She looked young, nice, but bored as hell to be here.

I walked up to the desk and she didn't notice me. I made a fake little coughing sound and she turned her head towards me.

Receptionist: hey, how can I help you? She asked with a smile.
Betty: I have an appointment for 4pm. I said.
Receptionist: okay, just take a seat and she'll call you in. She said with a smile. I smiled in return and took a seat.

I sat down and I felt how fast my heart was racing. I really don't know why I'm so scared, all I'm doing is having a conversation with another person.

I tried to distract myself so I decided to go onto my phone. I went into my camera roll and instantly felt a sense of relief when I saw a picture of Toni and Josh sleeping next to each other. I remember taking that photo when they were both sick. It still makes me so happy seeing it every time.

I scrolled a little up and I saw the pictures of Toni and I holding hands.

The night we took them was hectic. I was drunk out of my mind, I was a stupid mess over the break up with Sweet Pea and I also told my uncle that I was bicarbonate soda. What a night to remember.

Counselor: Betty Peabody. She said.

I barely even recognised that she was speaking to me. I'm use to Cooper, but changing my last name is a step in creating a healthier me.

I stood up and walked into her office. She motioned for me to have a seat so I sat opposite her desk.

Counselor: aren't you Betty Cooper? She asked.
Betty: uh yeah, I was, but now I'm Peabody. I said awkwardly.
Counselor: why would you ever change your last name? Your parents are absolute inspirations. They're so wonderful, talented and humble. She said as if she truly knew about what they do.
Betty: actually they're the complete opposite. That's why I'm here, to start the healing process after everything they've done to me. I said and she actually laughed.
Counselor: you sound very dramatic. Your parents have been great to you. You have an amazing family with a stable income. It's disgusting how ungrateful you are. She said.
Betty: thanks for wasting my time. I yelled at her as I stormed out of her office.

I walked to my car as tears ran down my face. Is her reaction going to be the same as everyone else's? I'm just an ungrateful bitch.

I just wanted to go home and scream, shout, break things and cry until I felt no more pain.

Why do I always have to be treated so badly?

I drove to Fp's house as tears still kept rolling down my cheeks. Good thing this car can drive itself because my vision is completely blurry and at this point if I were to die, I don't think I'd really care.

I'd finally be put out of my misery.

I arrived at Fp's house and walked in.

Fp: how was- what happened? He asked as he saw my face.

He wrapped me up in his arms and I sobbed into his shoulder.

I'm just so sick and tired of trying.