16.

I hope you enjoy! Please remember to vote and comment, even share this book with your friends. I'd really appreciate it.

Betty POV:

I heard the sound of the bell ring as someone entered the Pops diner. Archie and I turned our heads around as we looked to see who it was. It was Maggie Astoni.

I don't know if I'm ready for this.

Maggie walked up to us and greeted both Archie and I with hugs. We've known her since we were young as she has worked for my parents since before I can remember.

We all took a seat and she sat opposite us. She looked to Archie and I, getting ready to start.

Maggie: so why did you two call me over? She asked.
Betty: well, I'm looking to get custody over Josh as it is much safer for him with me. I know you're technically working for my parents but you know better than most people about how horrible and toxic they are, and we think you're the best person to help me. I started as she nodded her head.
Maggie: tell me more. She said.

I began telling her everything she'd need to know if she decided to work for me.

I told her about how Alice and Hal abuse me, which unfortunately didn't surprise her. I told her how they spend majority of the year out of the country and that it's just better off for everyone if I have him.

Maggie: okay, I'll do it. I'll just need to sort some legal paperwork for you to sign and I'll have to sort out something with my current contract with your parents. She said.
Betty: thank you. I said with a smile.

With her on my side, there's no way I could loose.

Maggie: does your Uncle Carl know about any of this? She asked.

Maggie and my uncle Carl are about as well known as each other. They're also both really good at their jobs.

The only reason I haven't told my Uncle is because I'm scared. He's always been so nice and supportive of me. How am I supposed to tell him that his brother and his brothers wife are physically abusing me and physically abused Caleb. I also really have no idea how I'm going to bring myself to tell him that Hal rapped me. I don't want him to be mad at me for not telling me straight away.

Betty: he doesn't know any of it. I answered. She nodded her head sympathetically.
Maggie: well this is such a big case and in this industry amongst lawyers, nothing is kept hushed. If I were you, I suggest you tell him in the next few days if you don't want him to find out through other people. She said and I nodded my head, knowing I needed to tell him.
Maggie: well I think that's all for today. Oh and also Betty, do you have a boyfriend? She had randomly asked. I nodded my head confusedly.
Maggie: name is Sweet Pea? She asked with a smirk.
Betty: how do you know that? I asked.
Maggie: he's my son. She said with a smirk as she stood up.
Maggie: he seems to really like you. She said with the biggest grin as she walked to the door and out of the building.

Archie and I both turned to each other. He was laughing while I was in shock.

Archie: you're dating your lawyers son. I can't tell which is more scandalous, that, or that you're dating your teacher. He said making himself let out an ugly laugh.

We stood up and walked out of the diner.

Betty: I can't believe that. I said as I was still in shock.
Betty: but that means Sweet Pea will know what's going on. I said with a sigh.

I tried to protect him from my world but now I can't, he'll learn the real me and that's terrifying.

I don't want him knowing that I get abused, that I've been raped, that I am apart of a gang so it offers me somewhere safe to stay during the day and protection. He doesn't need to know how much I worry everyday about Josh. He doesn't need to know about how I still think of Caleb everyday. And he definitely doesn't need to know I'm suicidal.