the hammock

Richie hit the brakes on his bike a split second before Eddie and cheered, getting off and laughing at the smaller boy.

"I won! I told you!"

"That's not fair!" Eddie giggled and pushed Richie away, "your legs are like 10 feet long!"

"You just can't stand the fact that I won." Richie grinned and stepped back in front of him. Eddie flipped him off and opened the hatch, dropping down into the clubhouse Ben had made for all of them that summer. Richie jumped in after him, but too soon and stumbled right into Eddie, who fell over a chair and hit the ground.

Richie covered his mouth and his eyes widened, afraid he had hurt Eddie. Eddie was so fragile, he was sure he was about to start crying and freaking out. But instead Eddie began laughing, rolling over and clutching his stomach. Richie creased his eyebrows and then started laughing too.

"You're such an idiot Richie." Eddie laughed and held his hand out and Richie took it, pulling Eddie up and the two were quickly face to face, only inches apart. Eddie immediately felt his face heat up and he knew his cheeks were bright red.

"Yeah, but I'm your idiot." Richie winked and pushed him away into the hammock. Eddie rolled his eyes and giggled, pulling Richie with him so the two were on opposite ends of the hammock together.

"Get your smelly feet away from me." Richie pretended to gag and pushed Eddie's feet away.

"I can't be on the hammock any other way!"

Richie seemed to take that as a challenge, he reached forward and grabbed Eddie's tiny hands, pulling Eddie towards him instead. The smaller boy landed awkwardly on top of Richie, both of them could feel each other's heartbeat. Eddie felt his breath catch in his throat and there was no where else to look but right at Richie, who he was very aware he was on top of right now.

"Hey Eddie?" Richie looked up into his eyes, his voice barely above a whisper. Eddie was at a loss for words, he could barely breathe.

"Yeah Rich?" his eyes darted quickly between meeting Richie's gaze and looking at his lips. They were so close, one inch and they'd be kissing.

Richie swung them to the left hard and caused the hammock to flip, both boys landing with a hard thud on the ground. Eddie gasped at the sudden movement and the wind being knocked out of him and then he glared at Richie.

"Why did you do that?!"

Richie looked at him and laughed, but stopped when he noticed Eddie wasn't laughing back. "I'm sorry Eds, I thought it would be funny."

"Well it wasn't." Eddie sat up and brushed himself off. "Now I'm all dirty."

"What's got you so uptight? You're acting like Stan."

"Because I thought-!" He stopped himself and shook his head "Never mind."

"No what? You thought what?" Richie looked at him and noticed a disappointment on his face.

"I thought you were going to kiss me." Eddie huffed, "There, are you happy?"

Richie blinked. Kiss him? Richie had always wanted to kiss Eddie, since that day he'd helped Eddie up off the ground after a bike crash, and Eddie's face was so flushed and cute, not to mention so close Richie could practically touch his lips already. Richie had always wanted to, but he would have never thought Eddie wanted that too. But now he did, Richie could tell that's what Eddie wanted him to do. So he did it.

Richie leaned forward and connected their lips. He had finally closed that gap, the one that had been between them for way too long. He was so caught up in the fact that he did it, he didn't realize Eddie had kissed him back. Richie cupped Eddie's cheek, continuing to kiss him. It was sweet, their lips moved together perfectly and the entire world seemed to melt away. Richie felt Eddie put his hand on his shoulder and he was warm from the touch. All too quickly, the two pulled away from each other, both blushing and grinning messes.

"We should probably get off this dirty floor." Eddie giggled, standing up and wiping the dust from his shorts. Richie stood too, laying back on the hammock and this time pulling Eddie down with him, wrapping his arms around the smaller boy and letting Eddie's head fall on his chest. He could feel Eddie grinning, and he knew he was too. Nothing had ever felt more right to them then being in each other's arms, swinging gently in that stupid hammock.

i'm so happy i'm writing these again i fucking love reddie