tall and small

Eddie struggled to reach the cereal that Richie had put on the top shelf, yet again. Eddie always scolded him for forgetting that he couldn't reach the top shelf. But what he didn't know, was that Richie always did that because watching Eddie try and get it and then coming in and lifting him up made Richie's day. Right on cue, the curly haired boy appeared in the doorway.

"Morning Eds, a little trouble?" Richie smiled at Eddie's annoyed groan.

"I'll be fine." He attempted to climb onto the counter, but the fabric of his jeans slid right off the wood and Eddie landed back on the floor. Richie laughed and made his way over to his boyfriend.

"Richie don't-" Eddie began to say but Richie already had his hands on Eddie's waist, lifting the small boy up so he could reach. Eddie grabbed the box of cereal and huffed.

"Put me down Richie." He whined, not bothering to fight the smile tugging at his lips. Instead of setting him back on his feet, Richie sat him down on the counter and wrapped his arms around Eddie's waist.

"What are you doing?" Eddie giggled.

"Kissing my boyfriend," Richie placed a small kiss on his forehead, "is that alright?"

Eddie grinned and nodded, his cheeks heating up as Richie placed a kiss on both of them too.

"You missed, dumbass." Eddie said, a confidence boost overcoming him and allowing him to grab Richie's collar and connect their lips. Richie grinned into the kiss, standing between Eddie's legs as he wrapped his arms around Richie as well. The smaller boy moved forward, pressing himself against Richie.

"I- love you-" Richie breathed between kisses, unable to pull himself away from Eddie long enough to get it all out. Eddie felt the same way, as he deepened the kiss. Richie kissed him equally as passionate, and just began to tangle his fingers in Eddie's hair when Stan's voice cut through the silence.

"Richie do you-" Stan was cut short when he came face to face with the couple. Both still had their arms around the other, both had red faces and were breathing heavily. Stan broke out in a grin.

"Oops, guess I interrupted. Rich, we're going to the quarry if you want to come once you're done with your... business."

"Fuck out of here, Uris." Richie flipped him off, but was grinning as he turned back to Eddie. He placed one more small kiss on the flustered boy's lips and then helped him off the counter.

"We'll finish this later." Richie winked as he snaked his arm around Eddie's waist, pulling the small boy against him as they walked out after Stan.

dedicated to malana_brooke for motivating me to finish and publish this and for sending me the cutest gifts and making my day. i love her so much ♥️