Chapter 9: Duty Calls...

Peter's POV

Just. Ask. Her.

I CANNOT do that.

Dude, golden opportunity, you're literally alone with her in your apartment, what could go wrong?

I don't know, she laughs in my face, says no, I lose her forever?

First off, you can't lose what you don't have.

Ouch.

Second, what if she says yes?

Okay, I'll try...

"So, yeah, summary of act one of the most comedic tragedy ever told," Y/N has been reading me the scenes from R&J and just finished explaining the first act to me in actual English.

Crap, I wasn't listening to any of that.

"Huh, it's actually starting to make sense," I nod, pretending I was listening to what she was just explaining. She's lying down on my bottom bunk, I'm on my desk chair that I brought in front of the bed.

"You didn't get any of that, did you?" she sits up and smiles at me, we've been studying together in my bedroom for hours.

Ooh, dude, she totally caught you.

"I'm so sorry, my brain is fried," my head falls on top of my arms which are folded on the back of my chair. I hear her laugh at me, and I smile to myself.

I can't mess things up with her, I just can't.

You won't.

How can you be sure?

I'm not.

What?

"It's fine, I'm fried, too. I don't even know if any of that made sense," she falls back on the bed. "What time is it?"

"That's a great question," I reach over to my desk and pick up my phone. She has her phone in her hand and glances at the clock before I can.

"It's already 6:30! Time flies when you're having fun, I guess."

"Right, so much fun," I stand up and it finally registers what she just said. "Wait, it's 6:30! Shawarma, I um, I-"

"Have an internship with Stark Industries to get to?"

"Yeah, wait, how'd you know about that?"

"My dad works there, and said that a kid from my school, who's in all my classes has an internship with Tony Stark. Wonder who that could be," she crosses her arms and looks at me. "When were you gonna tell me?"

"Uh, the opportunity never really presented itself, I guess."

Now's your chance ASK HER!

"You don't need an excuse to tell me what's going on in your life, we're friends."

Am I being friend-zoned?

One way to find out...

"Really? Um, listen, there's something I've been wanting to ask you," I can't believe I'm doing this.

"Okay, shoot," she slides her shoes on while she looks at me, waiting for me to say something that I'm not sure I can say.

"Well, more like tell you, but I wanted to give you my phone number, you know in case you need anything," I can't do it. "Or get lost, can't open a door..."

"You just can't help yourself, can you?"

"And what are you gonna do about it?"

"I'm gonna give you my phone number so you can tell me all about how you can't get the ice cream stains out of that sweater."