XXVII

Addison finished her cheeseburger as she listened to her father and boyfriend talking

Addison finished her cheeseburger as she listened to her father and boyfriend talking. Aaron asked multiple questions about Addison, if Sweet Pea had a job,etc and then about more involving the Black Hood. "You know about the Black Hood in here?" Arron guestured around the diner and Sweet Pea nodded. "You know about him with a gun?" "Yes," Sweet Pea answered. Addison rolled her eyes at her Dad. "You know she was shot?" Nod again. "Have you seen where?" Addison's eyes widened and immediately said "Dad!" She turned to Sweet Pea who was looking to her for and answer and was saying "I, I uh," before Aaron started laughing with his chest.

"Alright alright I'm done now. I'm surprised I kept it up this long." Addison shook her head after leaning it  on the table.

Her dad always did this thing where he would act very intimidating towards her boyfriends or girlfriends, scare the shit out of them, laugh about it, and then go back to his nice side and act like they were friends. Every year he's been extra, starting with Macy. Before Macy, she maybe had a relationship for a month because she was only in middle school and that kid moved away. Her dad would tease her about that every now and then.

"Okay, I jut had to see what you're like and how you are with Addy. You can relax now. Go ahead and eat Sweet Pea." He chuckles again.

"You guys will have some rules being together though but it's mainly for your safety. First and foremost, please respect each other's feelings, opinions, and boundaries. Sweet pea do you have any weapons?" Sweet Pea stopped eating and Addison looked up to her Dad. "Dad what?"

Arron leaned in and lowered his voice, trying to not to freak out the kids and also didn't know who else was listening in the diner. "It's not safe in this town and I don't know how long that's going to be. Do you have a weapon? Arron repeated. Sweet pea dug into his pocket and pulled out his pocket knife. Aaron nodded and continued. "When you two are together you are to text me where you are and if you need a ride. Make sure you keep that on you when you're with Addison. And Addison keep your mace on you."

Addison sighed and pulled out her mace attached to her keys. "Always do." She mumbled and showed them her bottle of mace, decorated in plastic, silver gems. Aaron takes the last bite of his burger and hums. "Oh and keep your bedroom door open three inches." Addison blushed at this while Sweet Pea snorted. "Oh my god." Aaron just shrugged and got up to pay for their meal.

The two got up after him and Sweet Pea poked his fingers in Addisons side, laughing as she was still pink from embarrassment. Suddenly, they all hear thunder sound, and speed up to get inside of the car before it rained. The car drove in the direction of Sweet Pea's home.

-
The car door slammed as Addison and Sweet Pea rushed to his door after Aaron said goodbye. "Keep this one," he said before they ran off in the rain. Addison began to apologize to Sweet Pea inside after closing the door and kissing him.

He smiled down at her and put his hands on her shoulders. "It's just he does this where he acts all tough and then freaks people out and then goes back to normal. He's really nice I just-"
"Hey it's okay, I get it," Sweet Pea says and squeezes her shoulders. "He's just being protective of you."

Taking a breath, Addison nods and walks into his chest, wrapping her arms around him. "Can you imagine this all happened because I dragged you into a booth to talk to me?" They both laugh and look into each other's eyes, "Well I'm glad it happened." Sweet Pea says. They both began to slowly leaning in. However, before anything could happen, they heard the car horn beep. "That's my cue. Goodnight."

After a goodbye kiss, she opened the door and ran to the car, trying not to get too wet. They drove back home, the two of them having a good night.

That night, they slept deeply, not being aware of the multiple police sirens sounding. However, the truth will all unfold in the morning.

[A/N: LISTEN I KNOW ITS BEEN A LONG ASS TIME BUT IM BACK AND HERES TWO CHAPTERS TO MAKE UP FOR IT IM SORRY. Sorry that was more intense than the last one, but make sure to vote, comment, and share!]