Am I good enough for him- curtainshipping

Maylene sat in her gym, meditating with her Pokémon partner Lucario. There hadn't been any challengers in a few days, so Maylene could relax a bit. Suddenly, the door slammed open, startling her and Lucario. Both jumped to their feet, ready for action. To her surprise, it was Paul, Reggie's little brother.

"What are you doing here?" Maylene asked.

"I came here to warn you." Paul stated.

Lucario growled at Paul, ready to fight. Maylene held her arm in front the Pokémon, to stop him. The gym leader held a glare on the boy, suspiciously.

"About what? I can handle myself just fine." Maylene retorted.

"I'm warning you to stay away from my brother." Paul grumbled.

"What?" Maylene questioned confused, lowering her defenses.

"I know how you feel about him. Stay away from him. You're a pathetic excuse of a gym leader and you aren't good enough for him." Paul hissed.

Lucario growled again, forming a bone rush.

"Lucario, no." Maylene commanded sternly to her Pokémon. "Listen Paul, you can think what you want, but don't you dare come in here and start making demands of me. I may have lost to you, but that doesn't change the fact that this is my gym and I wouldn't have it." Maylene rebutted.

"Oh, really." Paul remarked. Maylene gave a curious look, wondering what he would do next. "As I recall, you didn't even want to be gym leader and your own Pokémon was training you. Reggie was a first hand witness to this. Do you really think he wasn't thinking about how pathetic you are? He's just too nice to say anything." He took a step forward. "So why don't you just stay away from him, you pathetic little brat." He then turned and walked out of the gym.

Maylene was silent, her hands balled into fists, and a shadow cast over her eyes.

"Raw?" Lucario grunted is concern.

"I...I just need some time." Maylene replied, trying to fight off the tears. She walked off and out of the gym.

Lucario stayed my her side, very worried. He knows how she feels about Reggie and it's a shame a great guy like Reggie is related to someone like Paul. Lucario tried to reassure her that Paul is wrong and should be ignored. However, Maylene couldn't get the words out of her head. It took a few days, but Lucario came to the conclusion that only one person could get her out of this. Reggie. So, Lucario went to bring the breeder to her.

"Raw, cario lu!" Lucario called when he approached the breeder.

"Oh, hi Lucario. It's been a few days since I've seen you. What are you doing here? Where is Maylene?" Reggie questioned.

"Raw!" Lucario pointed to where he knew she sat. Lucario then motioned for him to go.

"Is something wrong? You want me to go there?" Reggie asked. Lucario nodded. "Alright."

The breeder went to go look for the gym leader. He found her shortly after, sitting in her usual spot. Her face buried in her knees.

"Maylene?" Reggie announced. He sat down next to her, but didn't get a reply. "What's wrong? You haven't come by in a few days now. Is something bothering you? Did I do something?"

Maylene shook her head against her knees. "No." She muttered.

"Then what's the matter?" Reggie questioned, placing a hand on her shoulder. She scooted away from him. She gave a quick glance, and caught sight of his hurt expression. "What did I do?"

"It's not what you did." Maylene answered. "It's...what Paul said to me a few days ago."

"What did he say?" Reggie asked, worried. Maylene didn't want to answer. She didn't want to cause an even bigger rift in the brothers relationship. "Maylene?" Reggie's voice was unusually firm. "Please tell me what's wrong."

"Paul came to the gym a few days ago. He told me to stay away from you." Maylene finally admitted. Tears formed in her eyes as she continued "He called me a pathetic excuse of a gym leader, that I'm not good enough for you."

"Maylene, that's not true." Reggie assured. "I don't think you're pathetic."

"Oh please!" Maylene snapped, finally facing him. "Of course you did! Your just to nice to say anything. Which is why I started liking you." She whispered the last sentence.

"I never thought you were pathetic." Reggie argued. "I think your a great gym leader and I really nice girl."

Maylene couldn't take it, she hugged him and cried into his chest. "I know. I'm sorry for snapping. It just really hurt."

Reggie hugged her back. "It's ok."

They just stood there, holding each other.

"I really like you Reggie, more than a friend." Maylene admitted after a while. Reggie smiled, but didn't say anything at first. She pulled away and averted her gaze. "Well, that's enough for today, don't you think? I'll just leave you alone and get back to the gym. See ya." Maylene rambled extremely embarrassed.

"Hey Maylene?" Reggie called after her.

She stopped and looked over her shoulder "Yeah?"

"I really like you too." Reggie smiled. "I'd like you to come by tomorrow. I enjoy our time together."

Maylene blushed and nodded. "Yeah, I'd like that."

"Good. See you then." Reggie remarked.

"Bye." Maylene waved and ran back to her gym.

"Bye." Reggie grinned happily before returning to his house.

THE END!!!