Skyblueshipping- The start of something new

It was down to the final battle in the tournament, Ash vs Paul. As soon as they were given the go, the trainers threw their pokeballs into the air, releasing their Pokémon, and began the battle. Neither one backing down, or gave an inch in this battle. Serena sat on the bleachers, watching. She had come to support Ash in this tournament, but she wasn't the only one.

"Hey there Serena." Miette greeted.

"Miette!" Serena squealed in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to support Ash. Incase you forgot, I do like him. I take it you haven't told him how you feel." Miette stated with a sly smirk.

Serena blushed and glared at her blue haired rival. "No, I haven't."

Then, another voice rang out, as one of Paul's Pokémon fainted. "Go Ash! Go! Do it, do it! Fight, fight, fight! Come on Ash and do it right! Now there's a team we're cheering for! Go team! Go!"

Miette and Serena glance in the direction of the girl cheering. She was dressed in a pink cheerleader outfit, complete with Pom-poms. She had long dark blue hair and two Pokémon out cheering with her. A Buneary also in a cheerleader outfit, and a Piplup dressed up as well.

"Who is that?" Miette questioned, as she took a seat next to Serena.

"No idea. Probably just a fangirl or something." Serena replied, turning her attention back to the battle.

Miette did the same, her eyes finally laying on Ash's opponent. The blue haired performer felt her face heat up. She found herself quite intrigued by the purple haired boy.

"I...wonder who he is?" Miette muttered aloud, not expecting a reply.

Serena looked back to her rival confused. She noticed that her gaze was not on Ash, but his rival. Serena gave a knowing smile. "Hey Miette, do you like him?"

"What?" Miette squeaked, her blush becoming darker. "No, I don't even know him." Miette turned back to the battle.

Serena's smile grew. "But you want to?"

Miette slowly nodded. "Yeah...maybe a little."

'Yes! Now I can have Ash to myself!' Serena thought happily. "So go talk to him after the battle." Serena suggested.

"What? But I...I don't...how would I introduce myself? Hi I'm Miette, I was watching the battle for Ash but you looked way more interesting, by the way what's your name?" Miette grumbled sarcastically.

Serena rolled her eyes and remarked "Well, I wouldn't go that far, but yeah. Hey, maybe you could get Ash to introduce you?"

"Why would he?" Miette questioned.

"Are you kidding? Ash would be willing to introduce anyone he knows. Plus, I'm pretty sure they know each other." Serena replied.

"How do you know?" Miette asked.

"Look at how intense they are. They are obviously rivals or something." Serena informed. "So, after the battle, why don't you go talk to him?"

Miette blushed, "Maybe..."

They remained silent, simply observing the fierce Pokémon battle. After about an hour, Ash was declared the winner. Serena and Miette went to go congratulate him, and Serena planned to tell him how she feels.

"I...I'm going to do it. I'm going to tell him how I feel." Serena announced, a look of determination.

"You go girl." Miette encouraged.