Five Years Later

"Happy fifth birthday Haruka!" said a women with long dark black/blueish hair and coal black eyes. She wore a dark blue top with a white and red fan on the back and dark pants with blue ninja sandals. She smiled at the little girl whose birthday it was.

'Ai, I mean Mom is always happy,' thought Haruka as she moved her long, dark brown hair over her shoulder. Her coal black eyes looking at her mother.

"Yes! Happy birthday baby girl!" said a man with dark brown hair and coal black eyes. He wore a black shirt with a high open collar, the same design of a fan on the back. He wore baggy white pants and blue ninja sandals.

'So hyper! How is Kasai, I mean dad, an Uchiha?'

"We can start training her now!" yelled a man in excitement. He looked much like the women, but with spiky hair. He wore a shirt similar to the Kasai's, but in dark blue. He wore a similar pants and ninja sandals.

'And there is uncle Anzen's excitement,' thought Haruka with a sweat drop.

"Now Anzen," said Ai as she looked at her brother, "let me dress her up for the day!"

"Alright Ai, we're going," said Kasai with a laugh as he dragged his brother-in-law out of the room.

"Now let's dress you up," said Ai as she picked up her, now, 5-year-old daughter.

'Mom is always so loving, maybe now I can ask about the Uchiha's? I need to get more info. I know that clan is around, but for how much longer?' thought Haruka as her mother went and got a box.

"I want to give these to you. It's a new outfit! It will look good when you train!" said Ai with happiness as she gave the box to her daughter.

"Thank you mommy!" said Haruka as she took the box and opened it. She pulled out a shirt similar to her fathers, a pair of pants like her mothers, and a pair of blue ninja sandals. There was also a weapons holder with an assortment of weapons.

"Do you need help?" asked Ai as she walked toward her daughter.

"No! I'm fine!" said Haruka as she started to change. 'I'm older than you think!'

"At least let me help you with your hair," said Ai as she put the girl's hair into a pony tail.

"Thank you," said Haruka. 'Have to let her do something, I'm still physically a child.'

"Let's go see your uncle and father."

"Right!" said Haruka as she walked outside of the house.

"There's the birthday girl!" said Kasai with a big smile on his face.

"She looks ready to train!" said Anzen with an equally big smile.

'They are really expressive for Uchiha's, but they are definitely not when we are out in public,' thought Haruka as she looked at her family. 'Maybe I should ask about it?'

"Oto-san?" asked Haruka.

"Yes?" asked her father with a raised eyebrow.

"How come at home everyone is happy, but not when we go out?"

"Well," started her father as he looked at his wife and brother-in-law.

"You see, Haruka, we are part of the greatest clan the village has ever known, the Uchiha Clan. As such, we have a certain image to uphold," explained Ai.

"Image?" asked Haruka with a tilted head. 'What does she mean? Looking like assholes?'

"The Uchiha Clan in a proper clan. We hold everyone to a higher standard," said Kasai as he kneeled in front of Haruka. "We are expected to act a certain way from the elders, and we do so, but always remember one thing: when you are home, you can truly be at ease and be yourself."