Chapter 2: How it all began II

"Where am I?" Eyes flattered open slowly. A little girl lay motionless on a blanket of white snow. Her dark locks sprawled around her, surrounding her soft complexion.

She carefully stood up as she wondered her surroundings.

Her eyes were dull and held no emotion as she aimlessly walk on the snow. She didn't seem bothered by the cold as she grabbed a handful.

"White snow" A voice spoke. The girl turned her head, trying to find where the voice came from.

"Snow? What is it? What is white?"

"Something that is not red"

"Red?"

"Are you lost? Little Princess" The girl stared at the strange man in front of her.

The man's eyes glow color that the girl is not familiar of.

"Is that....red?"

The man with glowing eyes continuously walked towards her.

"That is a beast in human form. A beast that feeds off the life source of humans."

"Life..source?"

The man grinned showing his pointed teeth. He licked his lips that was covered in red liquid.

"You smell..really delicious. Let me...SUCK YOUR BLOOD!"

"They are..."

'STAB!'

"Vampires"

The girl's eyes widen in surprise when the strange man stumbled when a sword penetrate through his chest. Blood oozed out as his lifeless eyes stared behind him.

"Y-You..hu-nter!" He screamed before bursting into ashes.

The girl stay still, trying to keep herself from falling. Blood of the vampire drips from her cheeks.

She dull eyes stared at another man. This man's eyes didn't glow red, but...gold?

"Are you alright?" He asked in concern.

"What are you doing here? Where are your parents?" He crouched down to her level, gently caressing her cheeks and wiping away the blood.

The girl stayed quiet.

"REIJI!" A woman yelled, waving her hand at them.

"Akira! We're here!" The woman ran towards them, her face showed relief.

"Goodness! Are you both alright?" The man nodded. The woman looked at the girl.

"Poor child. What in the world are you doing here? You could've killed?!"

"I don't know" she spoke that send chills on the couples' spine. Her voice was cold as the snow that surrounds them.

"I don't remember..anything" They looked at her in surprise.

"Do you remember your name?" The man asked.

The girl thought for a moment and then something struck her.

"My name..is....Kimiko"

***

Edited: October 08, 2016