Chapter 21: Don't You Dare Hurt Him!

Finishing the last bite with the fresh strawberry, Kimiko felt happy, even though it doesn't show in her face.

Zero finally calmed down, peeking between his fingers, he noticed some icing on the side of her lips. He unconsciously reached out for her lips and gently wiped the stain.

Kimiko was surprised by his action and so was he and everyone else. Zero froze as his thumb felt her soft, pink lips. He suddenly felt pain from his neck, he felt the thing he dreaded the most coming.

His thirst. His thirst for blood, her blood. Zero felt scared and stepped back.

Kimiko was concerned about Zero so she held his shoulders. "What's wrong?" She asked. Zero flinched and removed her hands from his as if she's contagious.

"D-don't...don't come near me..." Zero muttered in pain. He couldn't stand it any longer, he ran away.

"Zero!" Yuki yelled in concern when she noticed his strange yet familiar behaviour. "His thirst for blood struck again!" Yuki was about to ran after him when she was beaten by Kimiko.

"Oh no..." Yuki's eyes widen in fear. "If Kimiko-san finds out Zero's a vampire, she might kill him!"

Yuki was about to follow them but Aido stopped her by grabbing her wrist. "Where do you think you're going, Yuki" Aido coldly question. Yuki shivered when she felt Aido's powers oozing out.

"L-let go, Aido! I have to stop Kimiko-san or else-!"

"Or else what? She's going to find out that Kiryū's a vampire? You're afraid that she would kill him?" This is what Aido wanted, for Zero to be killed by Kimiko. It's his fault for being too touchy with her, now he's going to taste retribution.

"N-no! I-I..."

"Let her go, Hanabusa" Kaname's frosty voice sounded. Aido quickly released Yuki's hand and kneeled. "I apologize, Lord Kaname. I know I was out of line" Kaname silently gestured him out. Aido was relief that Kaname didn't slapped his like last time.

"Let them be, Yuki. Even if Kimiko is a Vampire hunter, she wouldn't kill for no good reason. Let her find out about Zero" Yuki was baffled by what Kaname said.

"Even you, Kaname?" Yuki clenched her fists and lowered her head with a downcast expression.

***

Kimiko ran after Zero into the forest, she almost couldn't keep up with him until she saw pieces of his uniform lying on the grass. She stopped by the pool and saw him from afar. She saw that he was breathing hard and was in pain. Slowly walking towards him, she noticed the familiar box of medicine that only vampires have.

Realization struck her mind. She sprinted to his side and grabbed his shoulders. "Your body's rejecting them?" Zero was surprised that Kimiko tracked him but what shock him is her question.

"You can't take them?" She asked again. Zero's mind was blurry from thirst so he couldn't answer. He suddenly hugged Kimiko tightly, her scent was driving him insane. His couldn't control his body but his conscience was still intact.

"K-Ki-miko..." He called out for her. His neck is burning, the tattoo was glowing red. Kimiko couldn't move because of his tight grip. Her eyes shook, not because of fear but because she's...sad.

Wrapping her arms around him, Kimiko pushed his head on her neck. Zero saw her neck so close to him, without thinking, he pulled down her collar and licked her neck.

Kimiko closed her eyes and felt the pain of fangs piercing her slender neck. Her feet pushed them off the ground, landing on the cold water. Zero gulped down the sweetest drink he'd ever tasted. His eyes abruptly opened and met with the dull yet beautiful dark brown orbs. His eyes turned back into lilac as they stared at the beauty in astonishment. He finally realized that they're underwater and needed to breathe. Zero held Kimiko's waist as he swam to the surface.