Chapter 28: Untitled

"He's been locking himself in there for days. Are you sure he's feeling fine, Takuma?" Ruka asked in a worried tone as she looked at the closed doors of their beloved Pureblood's bedroom.

Takuma sighed, "I wouldn't worry. I'm sure there's just a few things in his mind. It'd be best if we leave him for now." He replied with a soft smile.

Everyone had a concerned look on their faces. They were not convinced with Takuma's reassuring words.

"Takuma-sama." A bespectacle vampire maid called, carrying a tower of books on her right hand while a tray with a letter on the left. Behind her were two, black cladded figures wearing a cloak.

"Here are the books you've requested. Would you like it to be sent to your room?"

Aido and the others stared at the tower of books with a funny expression.

"A-ah, yes. That would be lovely, thank you." Takuma frantically said, feeling embarrassed.

"Where is Lord Kaname?"

"Do you need him for something?" 

The maid showed him the tray. "A guest who'll be visiting the dorm is requesting permission to enter."

Takuma took the letter and read its content. When his eyes saw a familiar name, dread enveloped his being.

"T-this can't be..." His voice trembled.

"You okay, Takuma?" Senri asked in his usual impassive tone.

"Is something wrong?" Aido also asked, curious on what made their cheerful Dorm Vice-President be so anxious.

"This says...t-that my g-grandfather..."

Everyone peered closely.

"...is coming here tonight!" He screamed on the top of his lungs that even made Kaname—who was inside his room, sleeping—winced at the resonance.

Everyone: "...eh."

***

Kaien placed an envelop on his table and pushed it forward.

"Another mission." He briefly said. His eyes observed how Kimiko nonchalantly accepted the envelope. She pulled out its content and read.

Her eyes moved as she traced the report.

"We suspect it as a vampire's attack that is why the Hunters' Association sent out an order." Not a bit of Kaien's usual jolly self can be seen.

"When should I leave?" Kimiko curtly questioned.

"The mission...is not for you." His eyes were shadowed by his glasses as he spoke.

Kimiko froze, shock was evident on her face.

"It's Zero's."

It seems Hunters' Association are being restless with Zero's case. They wanted to test him...

Kimiko's eyes darkened just by the thought of it.

As if he read her thoughts, he replied. "They wanted to see if he can kill someone...with the same situation as him."