Chapter 22: His Saviour

Kimiko's body felt frighteningly cold to the touch. Zero was agitated by this that's why he was running, like his life depends on it, to the Headmaster's Residence.

Slamming the door open, he went to the bathroom and turn on the warm shower. Since they were already wet, there's no difference in getting wet again. Kimiko felt the warm water hit her, as her body finally relaxed.

Both of them were inside the shower room, their clothes still intact. Zero turn off the shower and came back to the room. He placed Kimiko on the bed and grabbed two towels from the closet. Kimiko was shivering until something was placed on her head. It was a thick and warm towel. She clenched the towel closer to her body.

"I'm sorry..." Zero sat beside her, his hands were clenched together as his head lowered. Kimiko was silent, processing the events that happened today.

"I remember now..." Kimiko started. Zero looked at her.

"You're that boy, four years ago. The one that was bitten by Shizuka" Zero's eyes dilated and his heart trembled by the name.

"H-how did you..."

"I was suppose to kill her. I did a great job in making her suffer, unfortunately a Level E sacrificed himself that lead her to escape" She narrates. Her eyes was glaring at the floor.

"Y-you're the one who...saved me?" Zero remembered that there was a little girl, her body all covered in a cloak. She was so small, reaching only by Zero's chest.

(Flashback)

"P-please...someone....p-please save...me" A nine year old Zero struggled to speak, a punctured wound on his neck that was oozing with blood. His eyes were clouded by the lack of blood but he could still see the silhouette of the woman that destroyed everything.

A Pureblood vampire by the name of Hiō Shizuka. Her white hair and white kimono flew gently by the winter wind.

 Her white hair and white kimono flew gently by the winter wind

"You can't resist me, little Kiryū. You only have your parents to blame. How dare they kill my lover" Her voice was smooth and gentle yet her face was blank.

"Y-you...I'll k-kill you..." Zero strived to push himself up.

Shizuka chuckled cruelly at the sight. "You can fight it all you want but, you can never turn back."

Shizuka froze when she heard small footsteps crunching on the snow covered ground. She turned her body and saw a little girl, covered in a dark cloak.

"Well, well..look what we have here. Little one, you shouldn't be in this dangerous place" Shizuka gently spoke.

"Are you Hiō Shizuka?" The girl's high pitched voice sounded from the eerie place. Shizuka was surprised but soon was replaced by a smile. "Indeed, how did you know?"