Chapter 26: Decision

Please read author's note below

****

(Third Person's Pov)

Inside Kaien's office, the air that covers the place was tranquil yet cold as a certain someone's presence bestowed it.

"Kaname, I'm glad to see you this fine morning. What is it that you need?" Kaien calmly sipped his tea as he asked the stoic Pureblood.

"If it's about the incident two days ago, rest assured that everything is alright now." He reassured.

Kaname stood silent, he was not convinced.

"Zero's predicament was finally revealed. How long do you intend to let him stay with the Day Class?" Kaien noticed how Kaname's eyes was frosty than usual.

"I have already thought about it. Zero's case is not simple, that's for sure. However in this case, Kimiko is involved." He replied.

"She found out about Zero being a vampire. So, the decision...lies on her hands." Kaien intertwined his hands and leaned his chin on it.

"Even so, we must make her agree to Zero's shift."

"I'm afraid I must disagree on your decision, Kuran-san."

Kaien and Kaname turned their gaze on the person who stood at the door.

"Kimiko..." Kaname muttered her name in sullen tone.

"Is this your final decision, Kimiko?"

Kimiko didn't mind the gazes she's receiving as she calmly stepped inside and sat down.

"As you have guessed my purpose coming here, I'll get straight to the point." She indifferently started.

"I've decided to put Zero on my care from today onwards." Kaname's pupils dilated, hands clenched.

His strange behavior goes unnoticed so Kimiko continued.

"His body rejects the blood tablets, that, he've confessed. No wonder his thirst and distress has go on for quite a long time." Kimiko's eyes met Kaien and gave him a 'give me a very reasonable answer' look.

Kaien flinched under her gaze. 'Kimiko-chan, please have mercy.' He mentally cried.

"Ahem...e-even though Zero's body rejects the blood tablets, the nutrients he needed to quench his thirst still comes in. Although, few." He mumbled the last part. Unfortunately for him, Kimiko heard.

With narrowed eyes and an angry glint, Kimiko's eyes burned with concealed furry.

"And you didn't even tried to find a solution for it?"

Kaien gulped and nervously averted his gaze away. "I-I tried talking to the Hunters' Association for a new tablet. Sadly, my heed has not been heard." Kaien did tried, many times already.

Even though he was an important, historical figure towards the Association, since he've retired, everyone no longer had anything to do with him.

Kimiko sighed before turning her attention to the quiet Pureblood.

"As for your wishes, I'm afraid they cannot be done. Zero will stay with me. He needs frequent monitoring."

"We can monitor him just fine. He's a vampire now, he'll fit in right away." Kaname calmly rebuked.

"Fit in? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Zero would choose to die than stay with the kind he hates the most. Zero is a Level D, a vampire who's once human. Do you think he wanted to be a vampire?" Kimiko coldly chuckled.