Chapter 10: Marooned

Ugh...what the hell? I thought as I start to slowly open my eyes. I groan in pain for a moment then began to cough as I turn to my side then make it on my hands and knees. I cough up the water then I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand and look around to see I was on a beach. I was also alone. Both of my brothers were nowhere to be found.

"All right... c'mon, (y/n). I gotta get off this beach." I said as I stand up and start to stagger across the beach. "Nate! Sam! Guys, can you hear me?" I called out but nothing. "Maybe farther up shore." I said to myself as start to pick up my pace. "All right, first things first— get to higher ground. First rule, Higher ground. Find out where you are." I muttered.

"Nate! Sam! C'mon, this isn't funny! C'mon answer me please!" I shouted but no response back. I start to climb over a fallen branch but thanks to the rain, that was still pouring, I slip and fall into the muddy beach. "Ah, shit. All right." I grumbled as I get back up and continue walking. "Nathan! Sam! Guys, are you there?" I called out again then I walk along some rock formation then jump down when I see someone crouching over a box.

I get closer and hide behind a large rock, just in case if it's one of those assholes but as the person stands up and talks I realized who it was. "Oh, for God's— Of course. Everything's gone. Wait, maybe that's a good sign. Maybe Sam or (y/n) took it. Well, on the bright side, can't lose anything else... besides my life. Talking to myself, that's— that's the first sign of... being crazy." Nate said, aloud. "I've always said you were crazy." I said as I walk out behind the rock.

Nate turns around to see me and smiles. "Oh thank God!" He exclaims as he runs towards me and we hug each other. "You alright?" He asked me once he pulls back from the hug. "Besides getting shot at and almost drowning? I'm doing fantastic!" I said as I give a fake smile and a thumbs up. "Well at least you didn't lose your sarcasm." Nate said and I give a short bow to this. "I'll be here all week." I replied and he rolls his eyes. 

"Okay wannabe comedian, let's see if we can find our brother and get off of this island." Nate said and I nod as we start to make our way around this island. We come upon this cliff and we look down at the ground. "Okay. All right... I'm gonna go first." Nate said and I look over at him. "You sure?" I asked. "Yeah..." he said then he looks down and jumps down to the ground, which the cliff was alittle bit higher up than we thought.

"Ah, shit!" I hear him scream. "You okay?" I asked him. "Oh, just fine...might've broke my feet but....I'm fine." He said and I rolled my eyes at this. "Well...look out!" I said and I jump down and landed next to him and I realized why he screamed out in pain. That shit hurt!

"Ah! Mother of God!" I screamed in pain. "Yeah, not so funny now, huh?" Nate asked me and I glare up at him. "Just push through... Just push through it." I said then we come upon a ledge. "Whoa!" I screamed as the ledge began to give out under my feet. Nate grabs the back of my shirt collar and pulls me towards him and both of us started to lean up against the stone wall. "Oh, to hell with this place." I said as he and I start to shimmy our way across the narrow ledge and to the other side of the cliff.

"Gotta keep going, gotta keep going." Nate said as we start to climb around the cliffs and rock climb our way around. I started to climb up this one cliff but the rain made the rock ledges so slippery I couldn't hold onto it. "Aaaah!" I screamed as I start to fall but Nate grabs my hand. "I gotcha!" He said and he tries to pull me up but he loses his grip with his other hand on the rock and both of us fall. "Aaaahhhh!" Both of us screamed as we fell a few feet and landed on the ground just as my vision goes black.

My eyes flickered open as I look around to see I'm in a cave. I look over to my right side and see Nate, who was still asleep, then I placed my hand on his shoulder. "Nate...Nate...Nathan!" I said as I shake his shoulder but he doesn't move. "Great..." I muttered and I stand up and walk up to the opening to the cave we were in. I run my hand over my face then look up to see a light blinking at me. I look at this, curiously, until I realized it was Morse Code.