chapter 22 - The Departed

Start from the beginning

From 3.21 "Before Sunset", in the living room of Klaus' Mansion, Alex and Elena were tied to their chairs.

Klaus and Kassandra were standing nearby.

"Your guardian didn't stake Alex with the white oak stake, Elena," Klaus told her. "Like me, that's the only way she can die. She'll wake soon enough."

From 3.21 "Before Sunset", in the living room of Klaus' Mansion, Tyler untied Elena with vampire speed.

Alex looked behind him. "Tyler."

Tyler turned around, walking toward Alex, starting to untie her.

Klaus rushed toward them, pushing Elena down.

Elena hit her head on the table behind her forcefully.

Klaus grabbed Tyler by the throat, pushing him against a wall.

Klaus attempted to grab Tyler's heart out of his chest. Tyler twisted his arm, breaking it. Stefan, Damon and Cristian rushed into the room. Tyler turned Klaus forward, holding him from behind. Damon and Cristian held either of Klaus' arms. Stefan pushed his hand into Klaus' chest, gripping his heart.

Klaus had been completely neutralized.

Stefan took his hand out of his chest.

Tyler and Cristian laid Klaus on the floor.

From 3.21 "Before Sunset", outside the Gilbert House, Alex, Elena, Stefan and Damon were talking.

"We'll call you from the road," Damon told them.

From 3.21 "Before Sunset", in the SUV, Damon was driving. Stefan was in the passenger seat. Kaylin was in the backseat.

Damon: (voice over from 3.21 Before Sunset) "After we dump Klaus' body in the Atlantic."

From 3.21 "Before Sunset", in the living room of the Lockwood Mansion, Alaric was leading the Council meeting. "The Sheriff has a vampire for a daughter. And our lovely Mayor has a werewolf for a daughter, and a son who is half-vampire, half-werewolf."

From 3.21 "Before Sunset", in the guest room of the Gilbert House, Elena grabbed her head in pain, groaning, looking confused and lightheaded. She fell to the floor, unconscious. Her nose was bleeding profusely.

---~---

Flashback 1 - Six Months Ago

Morning - Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room 

Alex and Elena were sleeping in their beds.

The time on Alex's alarm clock on her nightstand turned 6:45. The radio turned on as the alarm.

(Song:) So What? - P!ink 

Alex and Elena woke up. 

Alex smiled, turning up the music, nodding her head, getting out of bed.

Elena got out of bed, standing in front of the mirror, pulling her hair up into a ponytail, turning to look at Alex. "Ready for practice?"

"About as ready as I'll ever be," Alex told her, grabbing her pom poms, throwing them onto the window seat where her cheerleader uniform was laid out.

Elena smiled.

(Song Ends)

---