chapter 22 - The Departed

Outfits in the external link 

From 1.01 "Pilot", night in the woods, over the fog-covered forest floor.

Elena: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)"

From 3.18 "Murder of One", in Stefan's room, Stefan placed a hand on Elena's cheek. "I love you. Now look me in the eye and tell me that you don't feel something for him."

From 3.19 "Heart of Darkness", outside the motel, Elena kissed Damon passionately.

From 3.18 "Murder of One", in Alaric's Apartment Building's hallway, Damon and Alex were talking.

"I know I love you, Damon," Alex told him.

"And I love you," Damon told her.

Alex shook her head. "But you love Elena, too. Stefan... He just sort of got to me like Elena got to you."

From 3.19 "Heart of Darkness", in the living room of Cristian's House, Stefan and Alex looked at each other like they didn't know how they felt but they wanted to find out, looking as if they would kiss.

From 3.21 "Before Sunset", in the living room of the Salvatore Boarding House, Damon and Nicola were talking.

"My surgery's tonight," Nicola told him.

"If Alaric manages to fight us all of and he goes after you in the hospital to get to us, we have a plan for that," Damon told her.

From 3.20 "Do Not Go Gentle", in the cemetery, Esther, Elena and Alaric were talking.

"What are you doing with him?" Elena asked.

"I'm going to remake him," Esther told her.

From 3.20 "Do Not Go Gentle", in the Salvatore tomb, Esther drove the indestructible white oak stake through Alaric's heart, killing him.

Elena was horrified and in shock. "No!"

Alaric held the stake in his hand, looking around evilly, transformed, no longer the Ric that we knew.

Esther: (voice over from 3.20 Do Not Go Gentle) "The vampire to end all vampires."

From 3.21 "Before Sunset", in the school hallway, Alaric rushed toward a broom stick, breaking it in half, rushing toward Alex, pushing her against the lockers behind her, staking her in the heart with the makeshift stake.

Alex gasped in pain and shock, looking at Alaric in disbelief. She started to desiccate, unable to speak.

Alaric pulled the makeshift stake out of Alex's chest, turning away from her.

Alaric rushed toward Kassandra, pushing her to the floor, taking the stake, trying to stake her. Kassandra held it away at arms' length. Alaric pushed it toward her. Kassandra pushed it away.

Klaus was desiccating, barely able to move, angry. "No!"

"Stop!" Elena told him, her voice thick. Alaric looked toward her. Elena was standing, tears streaming down her face, a knife held to her throat. "There's a reason why Esther used me to make yo, isn't there? She didn't want you to be immortal, so she tied your life to a human one. Mine."

From 3.21 "Before Sunset", outside the school, Stefan, Damon, Liv, Cristian, Jeremy, Bonnie, Lindsey, Klaus and Kassandra were talking.

"I was the one who created your vampire bloodline, and therefore, I am responsible for your lives," Klaus told them.

From 3.21 "Before Sunset", in Abby's New House, Lindsey and Abby were talking.

"I want to desiccate him like you did to Mikael," Lindsey told her.