Chapter Eleven

Three weeks later

Lily and I walk down the corridor, going from Charms to Transfiguration. "That lesson was easy," I tell Lily, "I don't get why Flitwick is waiting until sixth year to teach us that Charm."
"It was all right." She replies.
Just then, someone trips me, sending my books flying out of my hands and onto the floor. My Charms book hits so hard, some pages fall out. My bag cushions my fall a little bit, so of course my ink bottle explodes. I feel my Quill stabbing my through the bag too. "Watch it, Noble." I look up and see James Potter laughing at me, along with Peter Pettigrew. Sirius Black is leaning against the wall smirking, and Remus is standing next to him, watching me. He doesn't look amused.
I get up off the ground, and Lily starts picking up my stuff. I don't help her. Instead I look James straight in the eye, marching right up to his face. "No, you watch it!" I tell him, and then I go and help Lily pick up my stuff.
I notice it's unusually quiet in the hall. I look up after I pick up one of the pages of my charms book, and I see that everyone is staring at me. Most of them stopped walking. James looks like he just got Petrified. I blush and pick up my stuff more quickly. "Come on Lily, we're going to be late." I say, pulling her along to Transfiguration.