Chapter One

I board the Knight Bus, telling the driver to take me to King's Cross. Just like every September 1st.
I'm dreading going back to Hogwarts. It's a bit better than where I live now in the orphanage, but it's still pretty bad. For me, at least. You'll see.
After a nauseating ride to King's Cross, I slide through the barrier and go to find an empty compartment on the Hogwarts Express. I always get here around 9:45, that way I can be sure to get an empty compartment. I get one in the back of the train, and then I get out my book so I can read during the ride. It's a Muggle book I found in a cupboard at the orphanage, called Gone With the Wind. It's actually really good, even though I'm only a quarter of the way into it. It's such a huge book.
I'm left in peace for such a long time, it's surprising. It's only when we're 3/4 of the way to Hogwarts when they come. James Potter and his little gang.
They like to call themselves the Marauders.
James opens the door. "What're you reading, Noble?" he asks, snatching the book away from me. "'Gone With the Wind'. Is this a Muggle book, Noble?"
"Yes." I whisper, "I found it. Please, give it back." I hold my hand out for the book.
James is flipping through it, with Peter laughing behind him. Sirius looks bored, he's peeling paint off the wall of the train. Remus isn't here. I'm guessing he stayed behind so he wouldn't have to watch. I know he hates it when they do this to me.
"Please give it back." I whisper a little bit louder.
"Hold on Noble, I'm not done yet." he's still flipping through.
"Potter, please... You don't even like Muggle books. You don't even like books at all. Please give it back." I think that's the most I've ever stood up to him.
He looks up at me for a while and stares. Then, he tosses me the book. "Fine. I don't like Muggle books, anyway. Let's find Moony, we lost him." he says as they leave my compartment and walk away.
Then I open up my book to where I was before, and I keep reading.