9. My Best friend, My Safe place, My Euphoria

Start from the beginning

"Do you think your dad would've liked me?"

"Do you want me to tell you the truth?"
She gave him a sad smile.

Christian gave her a certain look, begging her to say the truth. "I think I would've been able to change his mind, if that's what you're asking." She said.

A laugh escaped from him. "I know he's looking down on you and is protecting you, and if I had gotten the chance to meet him I would've begged him to let me be with you. I would've made it clear that I would love you and take you as you are. And if he still didn't approve of me I'd express my love for you again, and again, and again."

Madison leaned into his touch feeling her heart explode from happiness. "Did you mean what you said last time? You really want to marry me?"

"Yes, I really want to. We don't need to make any hasty decision right now. There's big things coming for the both of us since we're graduating. So, there's plenty of time and of course it all depends on you."

Madison nodded. "Right." She didn't want to think of anything right now. She just wanted to be in the moment with him. She loved him but she felt like Christian was moving too fast and didn't know how to keep up. Would've her father approved of this? 

"Put on Britney Spears now."

He laughed as his blue eyes lit up. "Okay, my love."

He stepped away from her mumbling "It's Britney Bitch." as he changed the song. A laugh escaped from her when he lightly threw her on his bed, him towering over her. "I see you..."

___

Madison~~

The dark circles under my eyes is a clear representation of how much trouble sleeping I had last night. Don't get me wrong, Nathan's bed was super comfortable but I was just so anxious to even close my eyes without thinking about my mother. The tears I shed in the shower this morning has worn me out.

   The person I see in the mirror disgusts me. She's pathetic, angry and beats herself up for the littlest things, but I also know she's tired, so exhausted of everything.
The lies, the times wasted, the negative thoughts. She's tired of it all.

Next to the sink, in the corner is a laundry basket and in I throw Nathan's sweats and t-shirt he gave me last night which was very nice of him to do, because sleeping in tight jeans wouldn't have been fun.

  After I get changed into my clothes from yesterday I walk on out of his room and down the hall.
Along the walls I see some modern art, trophies and some portraits that I would assume is of him and his wealthy family.

     The pair of black vans I have on squeaks against the marbled tiled floor as I make my way down. Nathan told me earlier this morning that I should at least stay for breakfast this time, I was hesitant at first but then I realized I haven't eaten anything yesterday and that I'm hungry as a fox.

I can't get over how crisp and clean his penthouse is. It's very minimalistic and modern looking, the black furniture definitely describes him but the different wall tones compliments everything so well. The black piano with silver lining will immediately catch your eye as it is in the center of the house as you come down the stairs.
  Is it just there to look pretty or can he actually play it? Who knows.

I hear the jiggling of dishes coming from my left and once I look behind the stairs I see Nathan sitting down at the table wearing some slacks and a hoodie and that woman once again.