• Colby •

Sam wasn't the same after that night. He hated himself for wanting to hurt Brennen, he hated himself for even thinking about hurting somebody else on purpose. Sam thought he was officially a monster, a killer.

I didn't think that with him though, but no matter how many times I told him he wasn't evil, he wasn't a monster, he wasn't a killer, he'd just look at me with sad empty blue eyes and slowly look away. He'd eventually either walk away or just sit in silence.

Today though I had to force Sam to even look at me. To even talk to me. It breaks my heart everytime he looks away sadly. It breaks my heart knowing he's dying inside.

"Sam?", I ask quietly as I sit down next to him on the couch, at his house. He moves his head slightly towards me but not at all the way. I sigh but continue saying what I need to say, "Sam, we're taking Brennen to court."

Sam stops messing with the bottom of his shirt and looks at me slowly. He opens his mouth before closing it again. It takes him a little bit to respond but finally he does.

"I'll get in trouble too." Sam says finally, "I'll have to be apart of that case because I drove illegally and I was the one behind the wheel and they have no proof it was Brennen who moved the wheel. All they know is that I was behind the wheel so that immediately makes me the killer." Sam says looking at me.

"You cannot bring Brennen to court. He will get out and be free and will live his life. Me? I'll be stuck in jail Colby. For first degree murder and driving as a minor. And you'll never see me again. As of now, the law enforcement and the courts think the car accident was a complete accident.

How do you think they'll react when you show up saying that you're brothers accident was on purpose and that you've been hiding the true story and that your best friend is the killer?" Sam says, looking me in my eyes, "I will not let you take him to court." He finishes as he stands up and walks off.

"On second thought, I've hurt you and others way to many times. If you bring Brennen to court, I will go jail. You'll get peace. I'll get peace. I'll be where I should be. It's your decision, but take the killer to the place he's supposed to belong, where I belong." Sam says walking away.