• Colby •

I wouldn't know what to do if Sam wasn't here. It hasn't been long since we meet but he's helped me with everything. The bullies, the death of my brother. Sometimes I feel like Sam hides stuff. Like he wants to tell me something.

I want to ask him what's wrong. What he's been hiding but I feel like he would get angry. I shrug off the thought the best I can and meet up with Sam. We've known each other for a little over a month or so.

"Hey Colby." Sam says as he comes up and hugs me. I hug back but let go quickly. Sam looks at me weirdly but I keep walking towards his house.

Once we get inside we go up to his room and jump on the squeaky bed. As Sam talks I slowly zone out thinking about all my questions I have for him.

"Colby?" Sam asks. I look up and he gives me a worried look.

"You've been spacing out the entire time. Are you okay?"

"I - I - I'm just thinking. I have questions but i don't want you mad at me for asking but i need to know."

"Okay? What do you want to know?"

"Why do you always get awkward when we talk about the group or Zane?" I say looking at Sam in the eyes. "You always get so awkward and stutter."

Sam looks down and starts playing with his jeans. He sighs and looks around the room.

"Me and Zane weren't friends." Sam says.

"What do you mean?"

"We were boyfriends. I loved him but loved someone at the same time. Someone I shouldn't love."

"And he found out?"

Sam nods his head and looks at me with tears in his eyes.

"I loved this other person but something happened. Something I did that they don't know and I can't hurt them. I didn't even mean to do it. But Zand and the group forced me and i couldn't stay with him any longer."

"What did you do?"

"Colby...I can't tell you. Everyone will hate me."

"Who do you love?"

"Colby..."

"Please. Just tell me who you love. And I'll stop asking." I plead. "I need answers."

"I love you Colby. I love you." Sam says breaking down.