Thirty-Four.......May's Wedding

Bắt đầu từ đầu

The party ended late but May and I had left earlier so she could rest. And we ended up sleeping in her room, she said she wanted me there.

"Riley", she started as we both sat looking at the TV which was on but the volume was low.
"Hmm"

"How did you feel the night before your wedding?", she asked. I looked at her thinking she wanted light conversation but she looked damn serious.

"Well", I said thinking. "I... I was kinda scared. Unlike you, I was marrying someone I didn't like. Someone I didn't know, so I was scared because I didn't know what it would be like to be married to him. I didn't know if I would fall in love with him, and I was worried that if I should ever fall for him will he break my heart and...", I said.

"Riley. You're crying is everything fine.", she said and I realised I was crying. I quickly cleaned the tears.
"Yeah, I am....",

"No, you're not. I've noticed you since Ansel came looking for you. You went off the map for three days. No one heard from you. Then you come and you're dismissing anything about Ansel. Now it's only me and you, so don't lie. What's going on?", she asked looking straight into my eyes.

I couldn't take it anymore so I cried. I cried and cried and she just held me till I stopped.

I cleaned my tears and cleared my throat.

"I... I saw Brayden", I said and I'm very sure the look on her face was exactly like mine when I saw Brayden.
"What... where?", she asked stunned.

"In a restaurant just after I found out I was pregnant.", I said and her eyes looked like they were gonna fall out of their sockets any moment from now.

"Okay, did I hear you well, did you just say you're pregnant."
"Yeah, I am.",
"Woah, okay. That's like a huge load.", she paused and then continued. "First off, congratulations. That's like a big deal but what happened after you met Brayden?", she asked.

"I... I asked him why he left... and he said that Ansel and my dad had paid him to leave the city. He also said that the reason he left was because they told him I had sent them. Yes. They told Brayden that I wanted him gone when I was here crying my eyes out that he left.", the anger coming back.

"Woah. Okay, let me get this straight. First, you found out you were pregnant, which is great news by the way, you should be happy.", she said and shoved me a bit causing me to crack a smile. "Then on your way back, you found Brayden who disappeared for like almost a year now without even so much as a goodbye. Then he tells you your dad and Ansel lied to him saying you wanted him gone and I'm also guessing that's the reason Ansel is looking for you 'cause you were pissed as hell and left.", she said and I simply nodded.

She knew me so well.

"Oh, okay. I'll do a clear analysis of your life right now. So you're pissed with the man you're in love with and pregnant for 'cause your boyfriend, who ditched you for some money, told you your husband, who you're in love with, gave him.", she said.

"Don't make Brayden look like the bad guy, he was lied to and I was kept in the dark. We were both played."
"Okay wait, forget all that for now. Do you love Ansel?", she asked.
"Well yeah but..."

"So, you're answer is yes, then why...."
"May it's not only the fact that I love him. It's the fact that I love him and when he knew I did, he still lied to me. He broke my trust. My heart was still very fragile from Brayden leaving and yet he didn't tell me. What did he think, that I wouldn't have found out.", I said and sighed ending my short speech.

There was a long and stretched silence.

"So what are you gonna do now?", she asked.
"I'm gonna leave for a while after the wedding. I need a clear head to think all this through.", I said.
"As if he's gonna let you given the state you're in", she said.