Twenty.......Notes In Paris

I continued to work. I was rounding up for the day when my phone rang. I checked and it was Ansel. I wondered why he was calling, he hardly called me. Not like I had any problem with that.

"Yes, hello.", I answered.
"Riley can you come home now.", he said.
"Why is something wrong?", I asked trying to pick something from his tone, but it sounded normal.

"No, just wanna show you something, can you come quickly.", he pleaded.
"Uhm....okay. Bye."
"Bye.", he said and I hung up.

I packed my stuff and left. I would think it was something to worry about, but he didn't give me any reason to worry.

As I was passing by the mall, I decided to quickly get some clothes. I know it's not the best timing, especially since Ansel just called me home but I didn't want to forget. If I didn't do it now I remembered, I wouldn't.

I got down and entered. I walked into the clothing section. I went through the tops and got a white top that had splashes of various colours at the front and a multicoloured ART at the back. It was nice.

"I thought I knew you.", I heard someone say behind me while I was looking at a short black dress. I turned to see the stranger I ran into at Anika's engagement ceremony.

"Excuse me. Do I know you?", I asked.
"Sorry where are my manners, I'm Kane, Kane McGery.", he said and stretched his hand for a shake.

He seemed nice, but every stranger looks nice, even the ones who weren't.
"I saw you going through some clothes and I was trying to pinpoint where I saw you and I realized it was at the party yesterday.", he said dropping his hands after I didn't shake them.

"Oh.", was all I said.
"I don't mean to pester but I just wanted you to know that whatever it is that got you running out yesterday isn't worth keeping you down.", he said.

"I'm married.", I said before my mind could catch up to my mouth.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't hitting on you or anything. I just felt I should tell you that, considering how distraught you looked yesterday. It felt like the nice thing to do.", he explained.

"Nice to a stranger?" I questioned.
"Well I'm sorry for being a gentleman.", he said with a light laugh and I studied him. He was dressed in a casual top and faded jeans, he didn't seem like who he was yesterday in a suit and tie.

There was something about him that I just couldn't pinpoint. But whatever it was I know he wasn't just having a random conversation with me for nothing.

"From the way you're looking at me I guess you think I have an ulterior motive.", he said.

How did he know?

"Well you're right and yesterday wasn't the first time I had seen you, but for you, it must have been.", he said.
"Are you stalking me?", I asked shifting on my toes.

"Oh no.", he said, giving a pleasant smile but I just couldn't return it. "I saw you at a party, a launching party for an event hall that you and your co-workers designed.", he added.

I scanned my memory to see if I saw him at the party, but I didn't. His face, before yesterday, was new.

"I liked your work and I kept tabs on you.", he said.
"So you are stalking me?" I asked though it sounded more like a statement.
"No. I was invited to the party yesterday."
"And you followed me from last night.", I said with

"Okay. I kinda stalked you, but not for a bad reason or anything like that. I just want you to help me design a house.", he breathed out a sigh.
"You can meet me at my office, and I'm sure you already know where it is.", I said and turned to leave but he blocked my path.