Five.......The Argument

It was now Monday and I was to resume work today. I was going to go and meet different types of people, the impatient ones, the calm ones, the always angry ones.

As an interior designer, I'm privileged to meet various types of people. Though I won't call it a privilege because these people could make you crazy.

I got up and got ready. After I was done in the bathroom, I came back, towel wrapped around my body and waist.

I looked at the bed and Ansel's side was rough, as usual. Then I thought of a question. Why was Ansel not there anytime I woke up and where was he?

I looked in the mirror. I didn't have a dress code for the office. I wore a black palazzo and a blue chiffon shirt. I had matched it with blue stilettos and my hair was up in a loose ponytail.

I did little makeup. Satisfied with myself I went downstairs. I greeted CJ and Nicola when I reached the kitchen. I sat down for breakfast and started eating.

I wanted to ask where Ansel would be, but I didn't. He would probably be in the study. Plus if I asked, I would have to tell them that I hadn't seen him since morning and they would....

"Is it ready?", I asked her when I was done. I had told her yesterday to prepare me something for lunch at the office, or when I would want to eat.

"Yes ma'am here it is.", she said giving me a food flask that had a handle and was covered.

The sight reminded me of when I was in preschool and I would always pester Caleb the day before to make me something very good for lunch.

He would sometimes get angry and say he won't make me anything. I would run and go and tell Dad, who would always tell me, "Don't you worry, you will eat something at lunch tomorrow." Then the next day Caleb won't talk to me, but I would always find my lunch box and something very nice would be in it.

I smiled at the memory.
"Is anything wrong ma'am.", CJ asked and I laughed lightly before Nicola joined in.

"Cecilia if anything is wrong would she be smiling?", Nicola asked though it sounded more like a statement. Her cheeks reddened as she lowered her head, and I was sure it was out of embarrassment.

"It's nothing CJ, I just remembered something.", I said and laughed. "Thank you anyways.", I said and she nodded.

"Well I'll be going now, bye.", I said.
"Okay see you tomorrow.", Nicola said and I waved and left.

When I got out, I saw Mekhi in a suit, he was always in one. I had never seen him dress casually.

"I'm ready.", I said approaching him and he opened the back door for me. When I got in he closed it and entered. He started the engine and drove off.

He already knew where my workplace was, his sister worked in the cafe, two building's away. That was where I normally had lunch if I hadn't prepared one for myself.

I knew everyone in that place, and I was sure I would have met her more than twice.

We arrived forty minutes later. I thanked Mekhi and told him I would call forty minutes before I was ready. He nodded and left. In the little time I had known him, I got to know that he was a man of little words.

I entered the building. It was a two-storey building. The ground floor was the reception area or waiting area. The first floor was the lunch room and where the workers had their offices there. They were open offices though.

The second floor was where clients were to meet with workers. Almost all pairs of workers had special clients. The ones that preferred only that pair to work for them.