Chapter Nine

I woke to the sound of birds chirping all around me. Their sweet sound was so peaceful that I just wanted to roll back over and go back to sleep.

"We should get going." Graham's low voice interrupted my peacefulness.

I had almost forgotten he was even around. I slowly sat up and looked at him. I sighed.

"And good morning to you to handsome." I said sarcastically with a bitter sweet smile plastered to my lips.

"Stop messing around Kat, we need to keep moving." He said firmly giving me the 'now hurry it up' look with his head.

"You should really get that neck problem you have checked out." I said only sounding halfway sympathetic, talking about the way he motioned for me to get a move on by rolling his head.

"Yeah? And you should get that attitude checked out before I leave you out here." He fired back narrowing his eyes.

"Says the king of bad attitudes." I scoff.

"You have five minutes to get your crap together before I start walking." He snapped and walked over to the creek to fill up the bottles with fresh water.

I started to roll up my sleeping bag and I picked up my blade. Suddenly before I could scream or anything I was snatched up.

Graham twirled around.

"Kat!" He shouted. Then he swore loudly.

"Graham!" I shouted sounding genuinely frightened. Then I was flying over the forest going to god knows where.