Chapter Six

^^That picture is what I picture Agovine looking like! Enjoy!

_________________

We finally reached the very edge of the forest and looked down below at a city from a cliff that was at least a thousand feet high.

The city itself was truly magnificent. It stretched out for miles ahead and was lit up in the early evening light.

"It's beautiful." I said before I could stop myself.

Graham snorted. "Yeah if you're into a place with egotistical jackasses, thieves, and liars."

"Well it looks beautiful from afar." I said matter of factually.

"I guess." He shrugged.

"How do we get down?" Mia said.

"We climb." Graham said.

I peaked below. it was a straight drop down to a horrific death if you ask me.

"Don't faeries have wings?" I asked.

"That's a myth." Graham said.

I frowned. "Well what else do faeries do?"

"Changelings don't get very many powers like pure born Faeries. I however have a special gift with swords. It's rare when a changeling has a power. Changelings can also set a mood of their choice. Empathic abilities but that's all changelings can really do. Darklings have powers over fire, ice, and spirit. Lightlings have powers over peace, air, and water. And then there's the two rarest abilities for Changelings as well which is Clairvoyance and Luck. My boss is a Clairvoyance." He went on and on about the information.

"Clairvoyance?" I asked.

"You have a boss? I wouldn't peg you for the 'having a boss' kind of guy." Mia added in.

"Clairvoyance is the ability to see the future. However my boss is in another kingdom than this one. He stays mostly in the Lightlings kingdom, Beah, which means light bringer in Jorora the Fae's native tongue. Although no one really speaks Jorora anymore."

We had only just started to descend the wall of the cliff.

"So what exactly are we going to be doing in Agovine?" I asked.

"It's a place we can talk without worrying about getting eatten, plus where we are headed is going to require supplies. It's a three week trek through Silva. Benuk isn't known for waiting either so we need to hurry." Graham sounded like his usual annoyed self.

"And how am I going to get home?" Mia said.

"I can arrange for you to get back. However I must warn you, you will be forgetting this place as soon as you fall through. You won't remember this place, or either of us." He said.

Mia paused.

"I have to go with her." I said.

"You can't Kat. Once you are in Levrel you can't leave because you're the goddess if you leave the whole realm will implode and millions of innocents will die." he said all of it with a frustrated huff.

"So what you're telling me is I am soul responsible for this place going to shit? That is super impossible, maybe you just don't want me to leave you!" I said my voice dripping with derision.

"That is definitely not the reason I want you to stay at all. Don't flatter yourself." He snaps. "You're literally the most annoying woman I have ever had the displeasure of meeting."

I looked away from his face and pretended that his words didn't sting.

"Glad to know that's how you think." I said with a halfhearted shrug.

"Oh would you two make out already." Mia suddenly snaps.

Now Graham and I both looked at her.

She shrugged her shoulders. "What you're both so obviously into one another. All you have done is bicker sense we got here."

"So-"

"Not into her-"

"One bit, yeah nope not into him like that. He's to asshole-ish."

Mia rolled her eyes and sighed.

After what felt like forever we finally made it to the ground. and the city stood towering before us.

"First things first we need to get you some more appropriate clothes." Graham said firmly.

"What's wrong with what I have on?" I said fully offended.

"Everything. It's to human." He said lightly.

"Don't tell me I have to dress up as Tinkerbell." I said with a groan.

"What the hell is Tinkerbell." He said scrunching his nose.

I giggled. "Never mind."

Without so much of another word we made our way into the city.