24

"oh my god! are you positive?" wendy asks. irene puts down the little object then grabs another two to set them down as well. she smiles from ear to ear and the three girls squeal around with her. she calls out for sooyoung to enter and the nurse hands her a piece of paper.

irene hands it to seulgi and the words pregnant were underlined on the white sheet of paper. yeri runs to hug the eldest of the five and the room turns into a chaotic mess.

"she's going to love me more!" seulgi jokes, half serious, half not. irene tells them on how much she cried of excitement when she first found out, she was so glad taehyung wasn't home. she's been avoiding the male for a few days now and even though she feels terrible, the pregnant woman needed time to take everything in and plan out how to deliver the news.

they sit on irene's comfortable bed and the excitement has them all over the place.

"jimin and i have no problem with being the godparents. he will be delighted to say the least." seulgi sends irene a wink, and the eldest laughs.

sooyoung joins the girls after irene assures her it was more than okay. "when will you tell v? you can't keep this from him any longer than you already have." wendy says. they wait quietly for her response and when she opens her mouth to speak taehyung walks in.

he looks around the room and signals them to leave. the girls were hesitant on leaving due to the dark aura that radiated around him. they knew he'd never hurt irene, but he didn't look happy at all.

"it's okay girls. we have a lot to talk about." irene says, sending them a smile and a nod of reassurance.

taehyung closes the door and turns to irene he needs answers. "what are you not telling me? what can you not keep from me longer than you already have?" he stands with his arms folded in front of his chest and irene frowns.

"i didn't want to keep it from you so long i just wanted to take some time to process it because it's not something so easy for me to say." she gets up from the bed and begins to move closer to him.

"are you leaving me?" his eyes turn glossy and his usual deep voice was so, so soft. irene's eyes widen, how could he ever think she'd do something like that? "is it somebody else? irene, i need you to tell me before i go crazy." he steps away from the tiny woman and turns his back towards her.

irene swallows the lump in her throat, "technically it is somebody else." she goes to the bathroom and grabs the piece of paper that read her results along with the pregnancy test that laid on the sink. she flinches when the door to the bedroom slams loudly and taehyung is nowhere in sight. she runs out with the objects in her hands accidentally runs into hoseok.

"wow there, what's wrong? where are you running to?" he looks down at the pregnancy test and his eyes widen. "he's in his office." irene thanks him and quickly moves past him. she doesn't bother knocking and pushes the door open. jeongguk was seated next to taehyung and neither looked happy.

they look up at the sound of the door and taehyung looks away after they make eye contact. "jeongguk, leave please." she sees him pat his back before nodding to the older woman.

irene hides the objects behind her back and moves closer to him. "tae please look at me." her emotions were everywhere and taehyung wasn't making her feel better.

"there's somebody else." he says with glossy eyes. he bites his lip and looks away from irene once again. "there's somebody else." he repeats louder this time.

"WE'RE HAVING A BABY." she yells. talking to him felt useless and instead she shoves the proof into his arms. he stays frozen for a few seconds as he stares at the test then irene opens the piece of paper for him to read. the bold letters made tears roll down his cheeks.

"i'm going to be a dad?" he asks, just to fully understand. irene giggles and nods as her own set of tears roll down her pale cheeks. taehyung screams in excitement and picks up the tiny woman to spin her in circles. he puts her down after remembering she was carrying their tiny human inside.

"oh my god, this is the best news ever. thank you. thank you. thank you." he grabs her face and showers her with kisses, not leaving a single area without his love. "she's going to be as pretty as her mama." he says in between their kiss. irene shakes her head, "he's going to be just as handsome as his dad." the two laugh at their excitement.

taehyung calls jeongguk in and the younger congratulates the two. "my nephew will be so spoiled by his uncle guk, other kids will wish to be him." he states proudly. "you mean niece." the older corrects him. irene stops the argument between them when she pulls taehyung out of the office.

————————

"you know that baby is going to be one of the best looking human beings out there." hyunjin says. taehyung was extremely handsome and his sister in law was breathtakingly beautiful.

yerim nods, "honestly, she will make mouths drop. taehyung is going to be very overprotective i know it." she lays back on his bed and closes her eyes.

the younger stares deeply into yerim's face as she lays with her eyes closed beside him. he coughs nervously before speaking up, "im leaving soon. it's my upcoming senior year and i have so much to do before i go back to school. my grades are amazing thanks to my best friend innie, but i just have so much studying to do. my mom only ever let's me come with tae if i remain in the honor roll all year long."

she opens her eyes and a frown takes over her face. "stay longer and i promise to help you study here. i had really good grades all four years of high school thanks to my own brain. i made it into seoul university, so i know i'll be able to help you." yerim moves closer to him and slowly embraces the male. she lays her head on his shoulder and hyunjin nods. "taehyung will help me, i know it."

"you remind me so much of someone and i just don't want you to leave." she mumbles. hyunjin thinks back to the time where he unintentionally heard yerim and irene talking about a jaehyun who she was in love with. but what he still can't believe he heard was jeongguk's evil plan with yerim.

he should definitely tell her before it's too late and she falls for the older male. "uhm yerimie, there's something you sho-" he gets interrupted when yerim notices the time on hyunjin's rolex watch. "nice watch but i have to go!" she pecks his cheek quickly before leaving the room.

"gift from tae." he mumbles.

———————
I'm sorry for taking my sweet time in updating! I have chapters written but honestly life is so hectic for me right now. I'm loosing motivation in everything and i needed to clear my head before anything else.. I decided to continue this because you guys have been so supportive I owe it to you guys.. Baby Kim! I have a reason on why they're expecting already (; I wrote a certain chapter and as I was writing it tears were streaming down my face haha rip me, see you in the next update! thank you. Hope you enjoyed this short chap!