Chapter 38

Keefe's POV:

Out of all the places in the world, why was Sophie Foster in this library. But not only that, she was with Biana. And I hadn't said a proper goodbye to either of them, so I knew this wasn't going to be good.

"What's wrong?" Juliette asked concerned. "You kinda look like you saw a ghost."

"Let's just say this isn't my fairytale forte." I said breathing heavily.

"Seriously, are you okay?" She asked moving closer to me and putting her hand on my shoulder. It felt warm and her presence was comforting.

"I just- there's something from my past that I, that's here." I said still looking directly at Sophie, but she hadn't seen me. Yet. I didn't know if I should see her or not. Maybe there was a good reason they were in a human library, who really knew? But she broke my heart and it definitely had not healed, so now wasn't the time to stir up more emotions. Plus, there was Biana.

Juliette looked around and saw what I was making eye contact with- or who for that matter. From what I could tell from her emotions, she didn't like the fact that it was Sophie.

"Whatever happens, promise me you aren't a douchebag?" she sighed as I looked at her.

Just as I was about to respond, Sophie looked directly at me. My heart pounded, I mean really pounded and I got up to leave, but she was already running down the isle with Biana coming straight for me.

"K-keefe." she said, sounding so fragile and broken it took me back a notch, I felt sick, her emotions were definitely out of order.

Biana was next to her looking completely shocked. Sad. Angry. Disappointed. "Are you going to at least say hello?" she spat out. "Or were you going to pretend like we don't exist and run away again."

I looked over to my right as Juliette shot up her eyebrows and rolled her eyes. "So you are a douchebag." she said sighing and shaking her head.

"If you call leaving someone who you were close to for 16 years in a heartbeat and never saying goodbye then yes. And probably more than that." said Biana, looking like she's going to cry.

"I'm sorry." I said looking at my shoes and scooting closer to Juliette, because Sophie and Biana's emotions were so strong. "I had to leave. You know why."

A shaky breath came out of Sophie as she started breathing fast and looking like she was freaking out. "Hey, Foster what's wrong." I said putting my hands on her shoulders. I was still comforting her, I knew it wasn't good for me to do. She chose Fitz. But every inch of me wanted to hug her tightly and I refrained from doing that.

"It's Fitz" she finally let out her breath "He-" she started, but stopped when she noticed Juliette.

"Uhhh, hi." she said shaking me off and holding her arms together. "I'm sorry, were you two in the middle of something?"

"Oh- no no it was nothing." she said picking up her book "I was just about to leave anyways."

But Sophie suddenly started to look more and more interested in Juliette.

"Wait-" she said grabbing her hand and stopping her in her tracks. "That book- do you know about Psychology."

"Yeah." I said "I think she's an expert." grinning at her. She looked like she wanted to be upset with me but didn't at the same time. But I completely forgot about her when I realized that Sophie had said something about Fitz, and she was very distressed.

Biana made a chocking noise, like a muffled cry- my heart dropped.

"Bi, what- what happened to Fitz."