Chapter 3

It had been 4 weeks since Mr. Forkle's death had been released to the elven world. Foxfire was pulling up news about it every minuet and scheduling lockdown drills by the clock. Sophie hid in her oversized sweatshirt, covering her face with a hood. Sophie usually wouldn't mind being exposed to her fellow students, but news was going around that it was her fault and since all of his identities had to be revealed, they were mostly upset with her.

 She paced to her locker as she licked the stripe. It mostly tasted sour but she couldn't make out what Elwin had put on the strip. To be honest, she didn't really even care. Opening her locker, it was a lot messier than it used to be. Since the neverseen wasn't around the corner at every second now, there was more time for her to do schoolwork. Since the disaster, the neverseen had never really been appearing or coming out in the open. There had been no recent attacks on anything either. Of course this was suspicious but Sophie couldn't get any information, no matter how hard she tried to find it. Fitz hadn't really been talking to her as much, and that bothered her a lot. However, Dex was really clingy towards her and Sophie loved him, but wanted him to stop. Just on que, Dex slid up to her locker. 

"Hey Sophie! Long time no see." He smirked. "You saw me 30 minutes ago Dex, you waltzed into my classroom looking for me." He smiled, grinning from ear to ear. "Well, I just missed you! And besides, you can't have enough of the Dexter." Sophie softly chuckled. "Okay mini Keefe!" She said nudging him into his locker as he laughed. Keefe usually called himself "Keefster", so Sophie just had to make that comment, it just felt necessary.  He went to hit her back, as she lost her balance and fell into a warm presence. "Hey Sophie." Said a beautiful, handsome, charming, lovely, royal, brown haired, teal eyed-"Sophie?" Fitz said again, as she realized she had not answered when he said hello. "H-Hello." Sophie said, internally face palming herself. Why did she have to stutter, "I'm such an idiot!" she thought out loud quietly just as Dex replied "Sorry, she's a little out of it today." I mentally thanked Dex for saving me, until I realized that it sounded like I was starting to break again. 

Are you okay? Fitz asked in a concerned tone

Yeah, Im fine, well I'm okay, more than fine, i well I just have a lot of work to do  Sophie replied trying and failing to sound casual

Well-

"Hey! No telepathic conversations when I'm around!" Dex said folding his arms. Dex hated when he wasn't a part of the conversation, especially because he and Keefe both think she's flirting with Fitz when we have mental conversations. Honestly, why do they think she can flirt?

"Well I was just going to ask her a private question." He said to Dex, emphasizing the word private. Dex grumbled as Sophie replied "Just give us some time to catch up, okay?" Dex slammed his locker as he mumbled something about "wonderboy" as he stormed away. Sophie hated upsetting her friend, but she really wanted to talk to Fitz. 

"So, whats up?" Sophie asked Fitz, taking off her hood and closing her locker. She was ready to be engaged in the conversation. "Well, I'm sorry I've been lurking around and not talking to you for a little while, I'm just really busy, and I wanted to let you know that you didn't do anything wrong- I just need some time to get my family together." Fitz said. When Mr. Forkle died and Sophie lost it, it shocked Alden more than ever to the point where he was still incredible worried that Sophie could break any minuet. Fitz was trying to help him realize that she would be okay, but he was so fixated on having backup plans if Sophie was to break. She slid her eyes to the floor, knowing exactly what Fitz was talking about. "Hey, don't worry about my father, he'll be okay." Fitz said lifting my chin up. Butterflies started to emerge in my stomach, or maybe it wasn't butterflies. It was the opposite, it was like moths digging their way inside of her, tearing her from the inside out. Her heart started racing as she flung herself into the door of the nearest bathroom. She flew to the sink, as she hurled herself over it. Sophie tried her hardest to empty her stomach, and by doing so threw up what seemed to be a red liquid. Her vision started to blur as she coughed up more liquid, until she fell to the floor. Just before she shut her eyes, she saw the bathroom door swing, she felt warmth, and then all was black.

Sophie's POV:

"Is she okay?"

"I'm not sure, bullhorns been with her for about 4 hours now."

"Should we move her to her house, or my house?"

"Your father is stressed enough as it is already Fitz."

"But theres no way she could have harmed herself, she was perfectly fine and all of sudden she was pale and then coughing up blood!"

"Fitz, it's going to be okay."

"But how do you know? I can't do this without her Elwin. I just can't."

"Sophie is strong, she will fight. She will fight for everyone, especially you."

A door slams

"Is Sophie-"

Silence

"Why are you in here wonderboy?"

"Because she needed help."

"She doesn't need your help!"

"Dex"

"What!"

"She's going to be okay."

"Are you sure? She's going to fight this again, like she always does all the time. What even happened?"

"It wasn't my fault!"

"You don't sound too sure about that!"

"It wasn't Fitz, Dex"

A pause. Almost as if Fitz was trying to convince himself that it wasn't his fault.

It wasn't your fault  I tried so hard to transmit. I had been listening to the conversation, but I felt too weak to talk, to move a muscle, I could barely make out a whisper of a transmit. Hopefully Fitz could hear her.

"Sophie?"

"Can you hear her?"

"I-I think so!"

Hope sounded in his voice

"Dex, Fitz out I can't have anyone in the room, if she is awake she needs to be re sedated."

NO! Fitz please tell him not to

Sophie?

"Out, Now!"

There was a door slam, and everything was black again.

I woke up in Havenfield, in my room with Ella and Elwin beside her. I felt much better, a lot less weak. I remembered the conversation in Foxfire, were Fitz and Dex there? I tried to sit up fast, but fell down in pain. I clenched my teeth as I straightened up in the bed.

"Sophie, thank god your alright!" Elwin said, rushing over from the chair he was sitting in. 

"What, happened?" I asked, confused

"You got poisoned by the Neverseen."

-Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I have a major English essay that I need to work on. I tried making this chapter a little longer. In the next chapter, you can look forward to a lot more Sophitz, even though there wasn't a whole lot in this chapter. Again, I will try my hardest to update more because I really enjoy writing this. Thank you