Chapter 16

I could barely think. Or breathe. Or do anything. I was a pyrocenetic. I had the most dangerous ability. I was now scared of myself.

"That's why you didn't tell Fitz" I said, as a hot tear slid down my cheek. "I'm way too dangerous for anyone to get close to me" The first stages of being a pyrocenetic took epic skill sets, you had to master the power of the heat and make sure that you couldn't hurt anyone. It was the most harmful abilities there was. So harmful that they made the perfect genetic person unable to have it. But Alvar tapped it into my system. Which means they were planning on using me in the future.

Elwin sighed "It's really hard to control, it might take a matter of months for you to fully grasp the concept of being a pyrocenetic."

"But we don't have that kind of time" I said feeling sick to the stomach. I could hurt everyone with this new ability and I was now scared of myself. I looked up at Elwin and tried not to cry. I knew he was too scared to comfort me, to wrap me up in a hug.

"Please Sophie" he said quietly. "I know I might sound horrible right now but any emotion you have can trigger flames to your touch" he sighed and backed away further. "You have to stay calm"

"But how can I do that, I'll go insane on my own." I said bitterly. "I have to be trained by someone and no one we know is a pyrocenetic".

"That's why your going to have to do this on your own sophie." He said sighing. "And we have to make up a story about you in recovery. I'll tell the others that we figured out what's wrong, but I won't tell them where you are or what happened. This must remain something secret, do you understand. We have to figure out how to get this in control."

"I understand" I replied numbly. "I won't tell anyone". Fitz would probably try to get in my head and figure out what happened to me, but I won't tell him where I am. But maybe I can secretly talk to him about what's happening at home, and Elwin won't know.