real life

theodosia stood in front of the mirror, admiring herself with confusion. she wore a lovely dress that benjamin picked out, except that's what confused her: he told her they were just going out for a quick bite. so why was it that she need to wear a gown?
when she met him in the living room of his flat, she noticed his suit, the creases between her brows growing deeper still. "ben, my darling, where again are we going?"
"just out to dinner." taking a step forward, he pulled her in for a brief hug while pressing a kiss to her forehead. "don't worry, my love. you're going to love this."
she didn't question it, merely nodded as the two headed out, getting into the car. she did, however, grow more and more suspicious as they left town and went into the countryside. theo soon spotted a large white tent set up in the middle of a field, looking to ben. "okay, spill."
"no, i can't. just be patient."
upon parking, the two walked hand in hand to the tent, being greeted by their friends. brian sat on a stool, playing an acoustic variation of "love of my life" as he and roger sang it together. timothee, gwilym, joseph, lucy, and rami all held candles, bright smiles on their faces. as theo turned to look back at ben, her hands flew to her mouth, the man being already on his knee.
"my darling theo, i know we have been through rough times and grand times. we've come together, left, and come back together again. much like the song, you don't know what you mean to me in the fact that you are my entire life line. you are my every hope and dream, the reason behind my every smile, and the one i want to spend the rest of my life with. it's with this ring that i ask you to be my wife, my sweet soul mate. so please, theo. will you do me such an honour?"
tears began to stream down her cheeks as she nodded vigorously, rushing into his arms as he rose to his feet. she buried her face in his shoulder as he struggled to slide the ring onto her finger, then wrapped his arms around her in return. their friends around them cheered, setting down what they held to walk forward and join their embrace.
"you make me so happy," she whispered in his ear, lips ghosting against his cheek.
"you haven't a clue, my love. you haven't a clue."
holding up her hand, she said with a grin, "i think i do have a clue."