"Okay."

"Get in the fucking car! Got me outchea looking fa ya stupid ass and shit. Searching everywhere, you lucky I found you before some other nigga did. You know he wouldn't be able to protect you like I do."

He rambled but I didn't listen. I was too busy trying to figure out why my happiness was snatched away from me.

We pulled up to the hotel and I reached fire the handle but he grabbed my arm and said—

"Don't make me have to come drag you out this bitch. If you take more than 10 minutes Imma be there, starting my shit. And don't think I forgot how that lil nigga pistol whipped me like a bitch. He should've pulled the trigger, but that's okay because by the time I'm done with you—you gone wish he would have." That last line sent a shiver through my spine and it left me scared.

As I walked to our room I thought about how I would break the news to him.

I used the keycard and unlocked the door. He hopped up from the bed and hugged me. He kissed all over my face saying that he loved me. This only made it more difficult.

"Why you ain't say you left mamas?"

"I wanted to buy you some things as a thank you and a goodbye." He looked up quickly and shook his head in disbelief.

"Ayo stop fucking playing so much. You play too much." He laughed and waved me off.

"You upgraded my phone girl. Oh you my wife now. And hooked me up with the latest kicks. Yep def stuck wit me for life." He came over and kissed me but I didn't kiss back.

"Did I do something wrong? I know we not really married but imma still call you my wife. I can call you that right baby?" I shook my head no.

"No? Sit down and talk to me. What happened? You was in a great mood and bought me stuff now you all sad. You can talk to me about any—

"We can't be together anymore, okay! I can't be with you anymore." I tried to let him down easily.

"Sea I know what you doing and that shit ain't gon work. I already told you we can take it as slow as you need to." I shook my head no. I felt extremely bad but I was only doing this to save him.

I saw San beat some man bloody for bringing our food to the table with a smile. He claimed we were flirting and that night I got the same beating, only worse.

But I'll take it. I'll take all the beatings if that means saving Niko. I love him with all of my heart but I will not be selfish and risk his life.

"No?"

"Yeah she said no lil nigga!" Sanity burst through the door taking me by surprise.

"You brought this nigga to my place Sea?!" He was furious and his face held a look of betrayal on it. I started tearing up.

"Niko I'm so sorry. I didn't bring him here. He found me. He found us baby, I'm sorry. Please forgive me but I'm doing this for you. I can't let him hurt you so I'll take you pain." I walked over to him to give him a hug but he rejected it.