Chapter 32. THE GOSSIP ON THE ALPHA DRAL

Turning the tables his empowered blade slashed through the five swords coming at him as if he was chopping some lump of meat on a chopping board. In the blink of an eye the five blades twisted and broke into pieces as they crumbled apart. While the one  sword she had been hiding the whole time was parried loose as it flew and fell on the ground in a certain direction.

The practice match was over.

Rebeica stood still for a second.

"Screw you Willo. Just when i thought i was actually pressuring you a bit. Only to find out that you were actually holding back a lot." She cussed him. But without any hostility.

The guard was used to her manners of speech. "No young miss. You were actually quite good. Once you attain a more stronger grasp of the gem element you will surely become stronger. There is room for improvement and progress." He assured her keeping a poker face.

Rose quickly followed him. "Ruby you were amazing. I could see that you have become a lot more better."

She was a bit happy to hear that from him. Clearing her throat she said. "Well if brother says so i will believe it. But...these clothes sure are a pain in the ass. They make it diffiult to move for me. So i was wondering..."

Before she could continue the guard interrupted. "Young miss these are our tribal clothes. Also you are our young miss so please refrain yourself from thinking up about weird ideas on inappropriate clothing."

Hearing this she pouted. She wanted to refute him but before she could do so her brother pacified her mind.

"They may be disturbing but you know Ruby, when you were fighting earlier your fluttering clothes made you look even cooler than ever. Like a leaping swordswoman dancing in mid-air. It was breathtakingly cool and surreal."

Hearing this she was pleased. After all coolness was what she wanted and loved the most.

"That's young master for you!" The guard gave him a thumbs up in silence. He knew how to control her better.

Once the matter concluded they returned back to the palace. By the time they went to have a morning breakfast Medrisa and the other two green tribes were also up.

"How are your bodies?" Rebeica asked them.

"We are fine miss Rebeica. After all our bodies are immune to battles. Also that battle was not even worth our complete exhausation." Medrisa chuckled.

"By the way willo. I forgot to ask you. What was the thing that was bothering you about the captive?" Chiso asked upon meeting him as they sat down.

"Ah that...." Willo trailed off. He wasn't sure either. Still he decided to share his thoughts with them. "My blade refused to cut him when i defeated him back then. Or rather it refused to slay him."

As soon as the words left his lips the others looked over at him in shock.

Refuse to cut him? That was imppssoble. Unless....!

"That's impossible. They must have something up their sleeves." Medrisa exclaimed.

Pauli shook his head in agreement. "That guy clearly was not one of us."

"But if his blade refused to slay him it would only imply the binding of the One Seed bridge." Chiso was confused.

Willo agreed with him. "We shall await my lady's return. She can confirm it if it really is the seed bridge or not. Regardless that person must be kept alive at any cost."

The twins were supefied hearing their conversation. They knew what the bridge was. But it did not make any sense how it would be related to those bandits who had attacked them days ago.

"What about Marnie?" Rebeica asked her. She could be in danger.

"That rotten brat." She slammed her thigh. "She is at least safe at the royal palace of the Alpha dragon kingdom. A letter had just arrived a few days ago. So i made sure to send them one just in case requesting the dragon lord to bring her over when he departs. Still i cannot wait to see and yell her across her face until she trembles and chickens out."

The twins looked at each other making a face that said 'well, good luck to you Marnie.'

As for the so called rotten brat she was currently indulging herself with a group of four kids, gossiping about some rumors surrounding the Alpha Dragon Lord.
She was sneaking around the palace so as to survey the palace grounds but during the process her ears came across a very interesting chat. She scooted over to hear what the gossiping children had to say.

"My mother said that Dral Torian will never marry anyone. I wonder why they said that when the king is still very young. Young enough that he could marry any beautiful woman befitting his taste." Said one of the boys.

Another boy smacked his forehead lightly. "Idiot. That's because he is lovesick and unable to forget his late lover who according to rumors was nine years older than him."

His late lover? And nine years older at that? Now the green bird was more interested.

A relatively older boy snickered at his words. "What nine years old? Some said she looked and was a twenty year old woman. Also do you know her name?"

The other three shook their heads. They did not knew. Infact almost everyone did not know the name of the Dral's rumored late lover.

"My mother told me her name a few times. She had seen her once or twice. And described her as a woman of blinding light and beauty. Her long golden yellow hairs and her reddish yellow eyes were supposedly light like the sun rays. Listen carefully her name was VELIA! Strangely nothing about her origins were known. Except for her name nothing else was known." The boy told them proudly.

Now that was some thrilling gossip to her.

The youngest boy was confused. "But...i have heard a rumour that the Dral had brought an enchanting young girl for himself recently. Maybe she is his future bride he is thinking of marrying in the near future."

"Idiot." The eldest boy smacked him. "Or she could be a kept wife. Don't you know although the dragon lords had never taken more than one wife throughout the claw's history it is possible for them to have at least ten or so kept wives."

"Hm...is that so? But i am neither a kept wife nor a future bride." A voice interrupted their serious conversation.

The four children were stupefied and shocked at the addition of a fifth person into their conversation so suddenly. When they turned their eyes they were met with a strange hair shade and an eye color they had never seen or heard of. Also the person was sitting right behind them as her smiling face gazed down at them.

They were very much horrified. She did not possess a pair of horns!