Chapter Nineteen-"Don't you want to tame it then Lanter?"

Start from the beginning

“I’m having an affair with this pizza,” Juliet breathed out, taking another large bit of the cheesy slice.

I raised an eyebrow at her before commenting, “Seriously Jules, it’s like you don’t have a father who just so happens to own an Italian restaurant.”

Juliet stuck a tongue out at me but put it back into her mouth when she shoved another bite of the pizza down her throat. Juliet was my best friend and I loved her to pieces, but sometimes the girl ate more food than a starving child in Somalia. I suppose that’s what happens when you’re born into a family that owns a well-known Italian restaurant and a father who seemed to love cooking extravagantly every night for dinner.

“This seat taken?” a familiar voice asked.

I glanced up and felt my lips curving into a smile when my eyes fell onto Sean, and I responded, “Yeah it is.”

“Really,” Sean asked, looking around as though he was searching for someone, “I don’t see anyone next to you.”

“Mr Wiggles is back in our room,” Juliet interjected.

I scoffed, “Whose side are you on?”

Sean smirked, plonking down next to me, “Definitely mine,” he replied, before adding, “You brought your teddy to a school trip?”

My eyes travelled to my bowl of pasta before I mumbled, “Uh…he would…uhm…get lonely at home?”

“Clearly,” Sean replied, a wide grin against his lips.

Juliet piped in, “Is there still pizza at the kitchen?”

Sean glanced at Juliet, then at her clean plate before answering, “Well yeah, but you better hurry up before Chris gets to it first.”

Juliet narrowed her eyes, muttering, “Over my dead body,” before she grabbed her plate and made a beeline towards the kitchen.

I sighed, “She’s like an endless vacuum.”

“And your appetite is non-existent,” Sean commented, taking a bite of his seafood pasta.

I twirled my fork around the seashell shaped pasta before speaking, “Well, I don’t exactly feel all that hungry.”

“Ah,” Sean replied, “Davey boy’s been giving your heart some trouble then has he?”

I frowned, but shrugged slightly, “Maybe.”

Sean leaned closer, “Tell Doctor Feel-Good what’s he done this time?”

“Feel-Good,” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah,” Sean wiggled his eyebrows, “because whenever you’re with me, I make you Feel-Good.”

My cheeks reddened before I groaned, “Sean!”

He chuckled lightly before adding in a more serious tone, “Okay, seriously, are you still bummed about Davey acting all distant?”

I shrugged, “Sort of…maybe…yeah?”

“I’m taking that as a yes,” Sean replied, stuffing another bite of his pasta into his mouth. He chewed in thought for a moment before his eyes lit up with an idea and he asked, “Well what are you afraid of Davey doing?”

I licked my lips before answering honestly, “I’m afraid that Dave’s going to realise that I’m not worth his time.”

Sean stiffened next to me and he narrowed his eyes down at me, “Don’t say that Lanter, you’re perfect just the way you are.”

“Really?” I asked.

“Absolutely,” Sean replied, his eyes filled with so much care that I felt my heart warming instantly.

“Thanks Sean,” I finally breathed out.

Sean managed a half-hearted shrug before continuing, “Look, I know how much you struggle with the whole relationship stuff so I thought we could get you a lesson on guys.”

“A lesson on guys?” I asked.

“Yeah, you know, I help you out with how to react to anything your boyfriend’s said or done,” Sean explained.

I swallowed as my mind took in the offer. This whole deal with Sean was for him to get me popular and that meant handling guys and being confident with them, so it wasn’t exactly wrong if Sean was practically offering to be my ‘boyfriend’ just to teach me how to act around Dave so I didn’t make a fool out of myself and then get all depressed about it. I mean, I wasn’t cheating on Dave by accepting this offer since it was a deal that Sean was to get me popular and I’d be wrong to not accept it right?

“Fine, but there’s one condition,” I finally replied.

“Name it,” Sean asked.

“No matter what, there’s no feelings, okay?” I spoke uncertainly.

Sean smiled, taking my hand in his and shook, “Deal.”

I felt my fingers tingling as soon as Sean’s skin had touched my hand and suddenly wondered that maybe this whole lesson on guys wasn’t such a good idea after all.

A/N Hey there Geeklings! How are you all wonderful people? Okay, so first thing's first; if you haven't already watched the trailer for BP, please do since it would mean so much to me :) Secondly is that Venice takes up three chapters (including this one) and well, while this one isn't the most eventful, I can assure you that the following two will be. Remember to vote, comment and spread the word!

xoxo

Mona-Mae

PS: Does anyone love Diamonds by Rihanna like I do?