Chapter Four-"Well Lanter, it's time to start Mission Get Cool"~Part One

A/N Okay everyone, new chapter!!! You would notice that in the title it says part one, but that's mainly because I couldn't fit in everything into it otherwise it would have been too long and too confusing. If you haven't heard by now, I've started a contest on Becoming Popular and I really would like everyone who's supporting the story to enter, because it's tons of fun! There's not much that happens in this chapter, but I can promise you that Part Two is going to get exciting!

Remember to vote, comment and enjoy reading Geeklings!

xoxo

Mona-Mae

~Dedicated to all those who were called 'Four Eyes' because you didn't have contact lenses~

Chapter Four-"Well Lanter, it's time to start Mission Get Cool"

Most parents disapprove of their kids clothing because it’s either too short or too revealing. My mother disapproved of it because mine were too baggy and covering, a bit like my Grandma Elma. Of course Grandma Elma was born in the 1950’s and back in those days baggy, conservative clothes were in fashion. So when I walked downstairs for breakfast, my mother to say the least was speechless.

Her eyes were huge and scanning me like I was some sort of alien who had crashed landed in our backyard only to take over her daughter’s life. Yup Viv, your mother has finally been surprised by you. I stood uneasily at the entry of the kitchen, while I watched my mother take in my appearance. Instead of the shorts that showed more leg than my mother would have approved of, I opted to use the skinny jeans and black tank top which apparently Amanda said looked badass.

"Vivienne Amy Lanter," my mother finally spoke, "what have you done to my daughter?"

I licked my lips nervously before pushing up my glasses higher up my nose, before answering, "You don’t like it do you?"

It took a few seconds for me to register what my mother was saying.

"No! God no Viv, honey you look amazing," my mother beamed, "so tall and mature!"

I broke out into a smile, walking towards my mother and wrapping my arms around her waist. I looked up at her and said, "Thanks mum."

"Oh sweetheart, you’re really growing up," my mother whispered, "and soon you’ll be going to college and I’ll be here on my own, cooking noodles for dinner."

I frowned at my mother, "Oh come on mum, and we both know that you’re going to find the right guy soon."

My mother laughed as she replied, "I thought that I was supposed to say that to you Viv, but since we’re on that topic, there is something that I need to tell you."

My eyes widened in eagerness as I asked, "What?"

"Well there has been this guy I’ve been seeing lately," my mother began, "his name is Jeff and he works at the firm with my boss."

"Mum, you’re going out with a co-worker?" I asked in confusion.

My mother touched her hair nervously, "Yes, but dear this time it feels so right, you know?"

No, actually I don’t know. I probably never would know what love felt like, hell I would probably never even get knocked up if I paid the guy. I was Vivienne Lanter, geek of the century. It was that simple, no matter how much I tried to change, I was probably going to end up dying a virgin and single with a fat grey cat named Smoky to keep me company.

"Yes," I lied.

With a smile, my mother replied, "Jeff and I were talking, and I told him about you and oh honey, he didn’t run away like I thought he would."