a l t e r n a t e ,, e n d i n g

to explain, this is the other ending
that i would've used if i hadn't done
the first ending. it's basically rewriting
the last chapter with a twist.
you might hate me. okay, enjoy (?)
i'll underline the sentence where 
it starts up a different ending
if you wanna just skip to there

to clarify:
there will be no book written about
this ending. it was for fun and i was bored.

~*~

     Mary paced around the mall, not knowing what to do. She was trying to think of how they could drive out, but she had no idea. She went to the phone on the wall, calling her mechanic shop. The phone was picked up, but Mary paused as her eyes landed on the car that Eleven had flipped. She hung up the phone, walking to the car.

     "We just need the ignition cable for one car, right?" Mary asked. "Let's get one." She looked to the car, everyone knowing what she was getting out. They all tried to tip the car back over, but the car wouldn't budge. Some glass broke, and they all went to their feet again.

     "Let me try," Eleven offered.

     "El," Mike said, standing up straight.

     "I can do it," she nodded. They all got behind her, Eleven extending an arm to the car. She tried to tip it, but it wouldn't budge from its spot. When that didn't work, they pushed the cars with metal bars.

     "Push!" Jonathan yelled, the car tipping on its side with their pushing. "Okay, now all the way. Three, two, one, push!" They all pushed the car, and it fell onto its wheels. Nancy and Jonathan began to work on the car as everyone sauntered away. Mary stood near Mike and Max as they walked to Eleven. Max slowly looked up to the glass as it was cracking, the creature being on top of the mall.

     "Nancy!" Mike screamed. She looked over, then up at the creature. Mary grabbed Max, Mike grabbed Eleven, and they all rushed away from the landing zone behind a kiosk. The monster crashed through the glass ceiling, landing on the floor of the mall with a loud bang. They remained behind the counter of the store as Dustin started calling them over the walkie-talkie. Mary was barely listening as she was shaking with fear, not knowing what else to do. The monster clutched the walkie-talkie, roared into it, then threw it at a wall.

     The creature got closer to the stand, Mary shutting her eyes as she waited for it to go away. It roared, the four behind the stand trying to remain calm as they could. Mike stood, looking to see that it was turned away from them and looking somewhere else.

     "It's turned away. If we go up the stairs now, we'll make it," Mike said, looking at Max.

     "No way, not with El's leg," Mary said, motioning to her.

     "We have to try," Mike whispered.

     "There's another way to get out," Eleven said, Mike looking to her. "Through the Gap." Mike stood, looking to see the creature was still turned away.

     "Okay. Now," Mike said. They stood, beginning to run to the store. Eleven accidentally knocked down a rack, the creature looking to them and heading their way. They each dove behind a rack as they heard the creature crash into the store. It clutched a dummy wearing the same thing as Eleven, brought it forward to eat it, then threw it at the wall as it realized it wasn't Eleven. The mannequin landed next to them, and they all looked at it with wide eyes. One of the arms from the creature slowly began to creep up next to the counter, all of them tensing up at the sight of it. It was about to turn to them when a sudden pop made it turn away and go back to the bigger creature.